aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Also, Amazon's returns. Fuck me that's a good service. I went to the "contact us" page on their website, typed in my phone number and had two options, "call me now" or "call me in 5 minutes". I pressed "Call me now", within 5 seconds my phone rang and I was talking to an actual person. "Yo yo yo. What's up?" she said. "I bought these headphones and they're totally whack. I've only had them since April and they've stopped working" I said, sexily. "Shit son, that ain't no good. What's up wit dem?" she said, while thinking about sucking my cock. "The jack is broken" I said while thinking about her sucking my cock. "Oh daaaayum. OK. Well we can replace them." she said. "I'll get some sent out to you tomorrow. We cool?". And I'm all like "YEEEEEEEEEEAH!" and they're sending me new headphones. Since Amazon is based about 2 miles from my house they should get here by the weekend.

That's how I remember it all happening anyway.

Amazon's relentless customer service is just so bleeding marvellous. They're putting everyone out of business, not just because of their great prices, but also because they are just totally MINT people who do anything for their customer. You could probably ask for your package to be laced with fivers and they'd do it.

Just awesome:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you've had with your Jays a-Jays Three Heavy Bass Earphones. I've placed a new order , # for the same item and it'll be sent as soon as possible to the same address.

As your original order was placed using our Super Saver Delivery method, I've upgraded your replacement to Standard Delivery to make sure you receive it as soon as possible, at no extra charge to you.

Your replacement order is scheduled for dispatch on 5 September 2012 for estimated delivery between 6 and 7 September 2012.

There'll be no additional charge for the replacement order.

Please note that, as set out in our returns policy, you need to return the original item to us within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. If you don't, we reserve the right to charge an amount equal to the price of your original order to the payment card you used for the order.

If the return is due to an error on our part, any postage charges that you incur will be refunded to you.

While we're talking about great customer service I'd like to give HTC a shoutout. My new phone was acting up, instead of going through my mobile provider I went straight to HTC, they sent a courier out to collect it, took it in for testing, then sent me back a brand new phone. I'm loving customer service right now.

Amazon are pretty decent customer service. I ordered a parcel for next day delivery last week to come on Friday as it didn't arrive I contacted to them to say its no use now as I needed it for the weekend so they said to just return it and for the inconveniece I got a free months amazon prime to go on top of the free month they give you anyway.

2 months of free next day delivery. Sweet.

Not specifically ace for me but some of you may appreciate this - BBC showing NFL from this Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/19487814

"Coverage starts on 10 September, with Cincinnati Bengals playing Baltimore Ravens and San Diego Chargers facing Oakland Raiders.

The games will be live on the BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website, while Radio 5 live sports extra will also have at least one commentary per week."

Not specifically ace for me but some of you may appreciate this - BBC showing NFL from this Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/19487814

"Coverage starts on 10 September, with Cincinnati Bengals playing Baltimore Ravens and San Diego Chargers facing Oakland Raiders.

The games will be live on the BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website, while Radio 5 live sports extra will also have at least one commentary per week."

This is pretty amazing. I think the NFL pulled a Nandos and paid footballers to tweet about it - the surge in popularity in the UK is astonishing.

Is there a recommended 'guide' to American Football that I can read to acquaint myself with the rules or is it easier just to watch and pick it up? If it's anything like rugby, I'm not interested.

One of the beauties of the sport is that it can get so complex. There's almost always an incident in a game which requires recalling some obscure rule - pretty much every game I watch I learn something new. It really is completely different to Rugby in the sense that there are millions of ways to play both offence and defence rather than one or two main tactics (pass the ball sideways across the pitch untill you reach the end, kick it into touch when you want to press up the field). If I was you and interested in getting into it I would familiarize myself with only the really basic rules (the concept of 4 downs to make ten yards and how many points you get for TD/FG is pretty much all you need to know I'd say) then just watch a game and see if you can pick out the different approaches teams take to gain those 10 yards. Once you've gotten that 'urge' for a team to get to the line you'll start enjoying it for sure.

• Upvote 1