aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I am moving in with my girlfriend, and out of my Dad's house, tomorrow!

Big step, sorta nervous but pretty excited! And I'll be living about 1 minute's walk away from Waltz, which means I can avoid paying for a parking permit!! (Also, we can hang out)

Went on a climbing wall for the first time tonight at an adult taster session in Transition Extreme. Got a bit of the shakes on my first two tries (suffer from a bit of vertigo) but really enjoyed it in the end and had a laugh trying some bits on the bouldering wall as well. So yeah, trying something new and overcoming fears = ace-ic.

• Upvote 1

Went on a climbing wall for the first time tonight at an adult taster session in Transition Extreme. Got a bit of the shakes on my first two tries (suffer from a bit of vertigo) but really enjoyed it in the end and had a laugh trying some bits on the bouldering wall as well. So yeah, trying something new and overcoming fears = ace-ic.

It is a great feeling.

I need to go climbing again, may try and fit it in a climb this weekend if I can convince the missus.

It is a great feeling.

It could be a great feeling. Even on the easy routes we were doing once I got to the top my thought process was Yes I got to the top! ... FUCK! I'm at the top! ... now I really don't want to be at the top... can I come down now? ... can I trust this rope? The slightly distracted, laid back staff member holding the other end doesn't seem to be paying attention... did he tie the knot properly? FUCK! *sit back* good, the rope held.

Just need to decide if I want to fork out for the learn to climb course to get more comfortable. Think it could be something I'd really enjoy and a good bit of cross/winter training for running.

Are you scared of heights, or do you get dizzees like Lucille 2?

The first one isn't' vertigo.

Don't get the reference.

I get the shakes and a feeling that I would just like to sit down where I am or cling on for dear life to whatever surface I'm on. Which after looking it up, you're right, isn't vertigo. So I have a fear of heights.

I think it's in the spree book with a 2 for 1 so could get that and make it cheap as well. If my fiance decides to do it. Think she enjoyed the taster session but isn't convinced it's something she wants to do more than once.

You are the man of the house, there's no convincing to be done. GET HER TELT.

I'd be happy to teach you for free as it would be an investment in a new Belay partner for me if you're keen?

I think we're going to both do the course once we're back from our honeymoon in a couple of months. After that though I'll happy to belay partner.