aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

You can buy a "poacher" fuck can people not cook now a days?

One of these:

byronbaytrading_Egg%20Poacher.JPG

To be honest, they're completely different to proper poached eggs. It's more akin to an egg in a jelly-mould than a poached egg. I used to use it all the time, but the cups are knackered. I'd never attempted to make a proper one before. I don't know why I hadn't. There's really nothing to it. Drop in to water > Wait for egg to cook.

Wrap the egg in clingfilm before you poach it. Add a splash of vinegar to the water which stops it coming apart. Perfect poached egg every time.

If you've wrapped the egg in clingfilm why do you need the vinegar? It's never going to be in contact with the egg...

I dropped two bare eggs into water with no vinegar. Didn't come apart. I was reading the vinegar lark is a myth, as proven by my eggs coming out totally great this morning.

Yeah it's a bit of a myth. You don't really need the vinegar if the eggs are really fresh. Fresh eggs is the big key for poaching.

The vinegar (and some salt) might not help hold the eggs together but it might help the flavour.