aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I'll take it you're referring to the Market and the Star? Troupers and the Hook can flare up occasionally, and there's usually a bit of trouble in Divas: pink shirted neanderthals and 15 bottles of Bud is a dangerous cocktail!

The Marine is my favourite of the lot, I'd rate it up there with Annie's in Montrose, the Anchor in Johnner, and the Moorings on my best local-ish boozer list.....

indeed i was.

aye, i don't venture through the back of the hook as i can't be arsed with some of the folk through there and haven't been in diva's since it was the vennel because i'm not 16.

the marine is undoubtably a top class pub. it can't be beaten in the summer when you can have amazing food and a pint on the harbour wall in the sun. station is up there just for banter and friendly faces but the marine is unbeatable in stoney.

• 1 month later...
What a mint game. Old games are great.

I really want to download Sensible Soccer from the Xbox Live Marketplace, but it costs so many points and I'm scared it won't have aged well.

I still have the Megadrive version of Sensi and it's still ace, it might be rubbish if Microsoft have fucked about with it though.

I still have the Megadrive version of Sensi and it's still ace, it might be rubbish if Microsoft have fucked about with it though.

This is wrong. The console versions were inferior in every way.

The one on xbox live is a pretty decent port of SWOS on the Amiga it has to be said. Not the same without a zipstick though.

This is wrong. The console versions were inferior in every way.

The one on xbox live is a pretty decent port of SWOS on the Amiga it has to be said. Not the same without a zipstick though.

I had SWOS on the Amiga too. It was so bastard hard. Loved it though. I wonder if I'd be any better at it these days, since I was only a young un back then.

I had SWOS on the Amiga too. It was so bastard hard. Loved it though. I wonder if I'd be any better at it these days, since I was only a young un back then.

It didn't seem too hard back in the day. Shoot from just past the edge of the box, in the middle of the goal and add some aftertouch and you're guaranteed to score. Angled shots were always a winner as well.

Seems nails now though but many games from my youth are. Maybe games are easier today or they use different skillsets.

I was crap at it when I had it, but I must have only been about 8 or 9 at the time. I always found that after touch always made it balloon over the bar. so I'd just try and run and take a straight shot as in line with the corner of the goal as possible.

The computer was far too good at controlling the ball. They'd keep doing that thing where they'd jiggle from side to side with the ball to get in a good position to shoot.

Have Xbox updated the squads on it? Or is it still the 94/95 season?