aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

17 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

I brought a bunch back, then discovered that the greengrocers at the bottom of my street sells them. 

I saw that you can get them from Tesco. I wasn't sure if they'd be as good. I'll probably give them a go.

I did bring back 14 bars of Tonys though, and ate two whilst I was there.

15 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

I saw that you can get them from Tesco. I wasn't sure if they'd be as good. I'll probably give them a go.

I did bring back 14 bars of Tonys though, and ate two whilst I was there.

Excellent. I forgot to buy Tony's to take home, I meant to buy at the airport but I was running a little late and it slipped my mind. I bought a few while I was there but my missus kept getting baked and eating them all. Someone brought me some back recently. They didn't last long. 

5 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Excellent. I forgot to buy Tony's to take home, I meant to buy at the airport but I was running a little late and it slipped my mind. I bought a few while I was there but my missus kept getting baked and eating them all. Someone brought me some back recently. They didn't last long. 

I started out with a fairly sensible 6 bars. Then I panicked that it wasn't enough, so bought 8 more. I made the right decision.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

I know that feeling. Been playing in a band again recently myself. Definitely Ace-ic

Having a right loud jam is great, especially after so long of not doing it.

Didn't take long for the usual band difficulties to set in. We've had 5 jams, and already had 2 different bass players in that time, and back to having no bass player. Fuuuu.

• Upvote 1

Amazon.

Those guys are crazy.

Bought an Mp3 player in January after my iPod died. It is great, but in the last 2 weeks, the input jack has become really crackly at the slightest touch. Playback goes all distorted or cuts out completely with every step when I'm walking. It's probably a super quick fix, but I wouldn't know how. After a blow with a can of compressed air, and a poke around with a paper clip, that's my know-how at its maximum. 

It's still in the 12 month warranty, so I asked how I go about getting it repaired by e-mail. Within 20 minutes, they sent me a confirmation that a brand new one is about to be sent to me today.

Lunatics.

4 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Amazon.

Those guys are crazy.

Bought an Mp3 player in January after my iPod died. It is great, but in the last 2 weeks, the input jack has become really crackly at the slightest touch. Playback goes all distorted or cuts out completely with every step when I'm walking. It's probably a super quick fix, but I wouldn't know how. After a blow with a can of compressed air, and a poke around with a paper clip, that's my know-how at its maximum. 

It's still in the 12 month warranty, so I asked how I go about getting it repaired by e-mail. Within 20 minutes, they sent me a confirmation that a brand new one is about to be sent to me today.

Lunatics.

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought anything anywhere other than Amazon. Especially now that same day delivery is an option! Absolutely astounding.

xx

31 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought anything anywhere other than Amazon. Especially now that same day delivery is an option! Absolutely astounding.

xx

I think I'm too far in to the countryside to get same day delivery. And far too south. The Amazon warehouse for the UK is in Fife, isn't it?

Their couriers are still garbage though. I have to get stuff sent to an Amazon Locker, or it just doesn't arrive.

17 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

I think I'm too far in to the countryside to get same day delivery. And far too south. The Amazon warehouse for the UK is in Fife, isn't it?

Their couriers are still garbage though. I have to get stuff sent to an Amazon Locker, or it just doesn't arrive.

I'm in the southside of Poland now so it's a pretty new thing to me but yeah I think it's just north of Glasgow. Though I had assumed there'd be one further south as well?

xx

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Lemonade said:

A band I've always wanted to see, and who played the main stage of the Leeds Festival once when I was there and so blackout drunk I can't remember if I saw them or not. See also Beck and The White Stripes. 

That's where I saw them, Leeds 2003. If that's when you missed them, you missed the GOAT setlist.

Edited by Soda Jerk

On 28/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, Soda Jerk said:

That's where I saw them, Leeds 2003. If that's when you missed them, you missed the GOAT setlist.

This one 

2002_0.jpg

The whole weekend is a massive drunken blur, but the Saturday is a complete goner, the only band from that I remember going to see is Feeder, and I got KB'd because the tent was full. A productive day. Festivals were wasted on me at that age, I didn't really explore new music much, I just listened to old grunge and metal and I'd just sit at the main stage all day getting shitfaced. Then 10 years later you're going through the old line ups and being like fucks sake, Elliott Smith played while I was eating chips at the fairground because Slipknot were on the main stage and I didn't want to watch them. 

I went to either Reading or Leeds for four years in a row, that was the last one. Not a great line up tbh. 

Edited by Lemonade

That's the one. 2002! Damn, I was sure it was 03.

I was only there for the Saturday. My girlfriend at the time somehow convinced me to go for the day on Saturday, because she wanted to see New Found Glory (and only New Found Glory, nobody else), yet a whole bunch of my favourite bands were on the Sunday; Less Than Jake, No Use for a Name, Get Up Kids, Sick of it All, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Rival Schools, Midtown, A, Bouncing Souls, Jimmy Eat World were all bands I was pretty mad about when I was 15.

How did she wrangle that? Look at that Saturday line up. It's fucking awful. I barely saw anybody. I saw Finch, and they're still among the worst bands I've ever seen. Started watching Fenix TX who were the only other band on the bill I was vaguely interested in besides Weezer, but the missus immediately developed a 'headache' as soon as they started, which magically vanished as soon as they'd finished, that bitch. I saw Guided By Voices, though 15 year old me didn't like them, because he was an idiot. Then New Found Glory, obvs, can't stand them. Then shoved my way right to the front for Weezer, which took pretty much the whole of The White Stripes' set. The day was over for me by about 7pm. Wandered about for ages, hovered towards tents, everything sounded rubbish, went back for The Strokes who were so, so dull. Shit day. Waste of money.

New Found Glory toured the UK in December of that year. Fuck girls, man.