aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, James Broonbreed said:

Answering the door to a TV license inspector waering pants and a Legalise Drugs and Murder Tshirt at 3pm on a weekday. 

Sling yer hook pal, have a gander round the back of my TV all you fucking want.

That's a very odd uniform for a TV license inspector to be wearing.  I'm not surprised you told him where to go.

Edited by Mr Owl PhD
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My passion for producing music has been reignited, which is ace-ic. Years ago I tried doing chiptune, then dubstep, and although the ideas were there, the execution was severely lacking. Recently finished work mixing a friend's ep and was going to fuck about with the stems to do a remix just for fun. an hour and a half later not a single stem was used but I've got the basis for a cool wee tune. Decided to work on it more today, ended up installing some free vsts and making a synthy dance track with an amen break. no idea what to release it under. I'll probably read through metal gear or twin peaks quotes and name myself that, but this is fun. makes me want to buy loads of midi controllers again though.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

6 Music festival is in Glasgow this year with a pretty good line up! Tickets on sale this Friday from 10am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2hy3wl3kg02p4jRNP6wCNzb/6-music-festival-2017-the-line-up

Quite a good line up, though not sure I'll go given that it'll be on the telly in some form.

Pleased to see it's in Glasgow.  I was pretty much certain it would be, but nice to see in any case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ace-ic: Been offered a place on the HND Sound Production course at Nescol.

Double Ace-ic: After an initial mad panic about funding due to me dropping out of my electrical HND 8 years ago, I've found out that as long as I sat but didn't complete, I'm still eligible for funding. It pays to be a dropout.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Montreal - went there over new year and pretty much decided right away I wanted to live there at some point. Wife is going there for work this wknd so I'm tagging along. Chuffed I'm getting to go gain. Such a great city. Feels completely European and North American at the same time. Awesome munch (most restaurants per sq mile in North America after New York), friendly, interesting shit to see and do. Highly recommend visiting. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Montreal - went there over new year and pretty much decided right away I wanted to live there at some point. Wife is going there for work this wknd so I'm tagging along. Chuffed I'm getting to go gain. Such a great city. Feels completely European and North American at the same time. Awesome munch (most restaurants per sq mile in North America after New York), friendly, interesting shit to see and do. Highly recommend visiting. 

Do you speak French and like hockey? Cos if not I reckon they'll tell you to fuck off back to Poland.

• Upvote 2