aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

16 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Booking tickets to see The Julie Ruin in Amsterdam in November. 

I'm going to meet Kathleen Hanna and we're going to become best friends.

They've just announced a date in Toronto too. I am probably going to cry. Can't fucking wait. Especially as I only caught the last song at Primavera last year. 

Securing a house in the south of England is pretty great.

Leaving in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks. We've been wanting to do it for a few years but could never make it happen. The missus getting made redundant was as good a time as any.

So, Bye Aberdeen. King Street really smells, but the rest of you is okay.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Leaving in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks. We've been wanting to do it for a few years but could never make it happen. The missus getting made redundant was as good a time as any.

Good stuff, hope things are good for you down there. Are we talking Devon/Cornwall or the other side?

12 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

King Street is OK. George Street, now that's a shit hole. Good luck in Engerland. 

3 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

King Street is OK. George Street, now that's a shit hole. Good luck in Engerland. 

George Street is hell on earth. Though my beef with King Street is that it always smells like rotten fish. What's that all about? Go down a street off King Street and the stench is gone. King Street is a windtrap for the fish stench.

8 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

George Street is hell on earth. Though my beef with King Street is that it always smells like rotten fish. What's that all about? Go down a street off King Street and the stench is gone. King Street is a windtrap for the fish stench.

That's true actually. There always seems to be fish lorries sploshing fishy water around beside the junction at the Lemon Tree. 

11 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

That's true actually. There always seems to be fish lorries sploshing fishy water around beside the junction at the Lemon Tree. 

That'll be it. That particular junction is when the stench is at it's height.

I'll miss stovies. Especially the stuff from Thains. I've tried to make stovies, but they're never as good as theirs. What is the secret?

13 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Exciting adventures ahead, good stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

Four months after leaving a dreary, soul-crushing finance job that was eroding my will to live, I've just signed a contract to write about sports for a living. Working from home initially, then moving to Poland (Newcastle) in a couple of months.

This is pretty close to a dream job for me. Feeling pretty fuckin' wonderful at the moment.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Murrr said:

Four months after leaving a dreary, soul-crushing finance job that was eroding my will to live, I've just signed a contract to write about sports for a living. Working from home initially, then moving to Poland (Newcastle) in a couple of months.

This is pretty close to a dream job for me. Feeling pretty fuckin' wonderful at the moment.

Excellent news. Who fancies a trip to St. James next season, hosted by Murr!

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, Spoonie said:

On Sunday we hosted the Newcastle Vikings for our first home game of the year and beat them 36-12, taking us to 2-0 (already the most successful season in the teams 3-year history!). We are only 8 points off our total from last year and 16 points off our total from 2014, so it looks like a year where we will set a lot of team records! We now have an EIGHT week layoff, where the main focus is keeping the guys engaged, interested and developing and then we have 4 games in five weeks to finish the regular season and try to secure our first ever post-season spot.

On Sunday we travelled to the Highland Wildcats (again) for game three. They played much more aggressively on defense than they had in game 1 and we have a few key guys missing, but we got out of there with a 20-20 draw which keeps us at the top of the league. Week off this Sunday and then three games on the bounce starting next week. Away to Newcastle, home to Highland and away to Newcastle again. Need a strong showing to top the league and get a good playoff seeding.

• Upvote 1