aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I've not been to the Five guy's in Glasgow before, but it looks shit.

They have 2 now in Glasgow soon to be 3 later this year and another in Edinburgh. They expand fast so it looks likely there could one open here by the end of the year. 

The food as pointed out is expensive but is greatly superior to McDonald's and Burger King in that it is massive in comparison and it tastes fantastic and is made to order yet quick and you get unlimited drinks like Coca Cola and Orange via their Coca Cola Freestyle Machines. Massive portions of fries unlike the competitors. Health wise this would seriously fuck you up. It is like 900 calories for a burger but they taste so good. Please don't dismiss it just yet give it a try once it opens even if it's only the once. I guarantee you will leave full. 

I visited Five Guy's Argyle Street in London twice last month. The rumour I take is based on the rapid expansion so it's not officially confirmed although they have now have like 30 restaurants in the UK having entered the UK market last year. They also employ a hell of a lot of staff for each location so I guess it keeps people in work. The music they play varies but is mostly ACDC type stuff. Free peanuts too although don't eat the fries if allergic because they use peanut oil. Local veg and potatoes though so will probably be sourced from Aberdeenshire.

Edited by Improved Thinker

I went to Five Guys in Leeds at Christmas to see what all the hype was about. Burgers are my jam.

It was okay. I don't think I would go again, considering the price:quality ratio. Out of the places already in Aberdeen, I'd rather go to the Boozy Cow, or even the Handmade Burger Co.

If you're ever in Bristol, get yourself to Three Brothers

http://threebrothersburgers.co.uk/

Burgers, ON A BOAT.

I went to Five Guys in Leeds at Christmas to see what all the hype was about. Burgers are my jam.

It was okay. I don't think I would go again, considering the price:quality ratio. Out of the places already in Aberdeen, I'd rather go to the Boozy Cow, or even the Handmade Burger Co.

Burgers, ON A BOAT.

I was in Bristol for the first time last month to appear in the Deal or No Deal audience. I assumed it would be some fancy seafood restaurant and did not go.

Edited by Improved Thinker
  • Upvote 1

Burgers, ON A BOAT.

I have never bin what is it like? Would I look like a bell-end going there alone?

• Upvote 1

Boozy Cow is great. It's all very cramped, that's the only downside. We had to share a table with another couple, which was a bit odd. Great food though. Good beers, and their Coke floats are the boss.

Dining alone is badass. There's some individual seats along the wall, so I don't think it would be a problem. Everyone would get a good look at how badass you are, and probably buy you a drink.

• Upvote 2

When I was interning in London a few years ago, I didn't really know many people, so I went for dinner alone at this Italian place near King's Cross 3 or 4 times. By the latter times I went there, they started calling me "Mister Euan" and giving me free glasses of wine. 

So y'know, it can be alright. 

• Upvote 1

I went to The Boozy Cow for lunch today with my family and I bought a Easter Milkshake (Creme Egg & Mini Eggs), Bacon Cheeseburger and Cheesy fries and there was a lot of food. Only downside I see is that they added hot sauce to the burger and fries as standard which burned my lower lip which is currently split. They already have the sauce on the table so I was puzzled as to why it was automatically added. 

It's a bit expensive in places but is really good. :)

ACE-IC

I am told that this place can have a 2 hour wait at night-time.