aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Fucking right rowies.

When we lived in Abu Dhabi in the 90s, my Dad's mate was coming over from Glasgow. My Dad asked him to bring rowies. Being Glaswegian, he was clueless, so my Dad said morning rolls. The guy said okay. Arrived and gave us a pack of Asda baps. Fucking Glaswegians. [/coolstory]

I thought bru was banned because of some secret ingredient they wouldn't reveal.

Edit:

Wiki has the answer

Irn-Bru and Diet Irn-Bru have been formulated since 2002 by A.G. Barr plc to meet the regulations for food colouring of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Ponceau 4R, used in the UK formulation, is prohibited by the FDA. Barr uses alternative food and drink colourants manufactured by a U.S. company approved by the FDA. The product labelling also meets U.S. labelling standards on nutritional information and bar code. Compliant Irn-Bru is solely imported by Great Scot International in Charlotte, North Carolina, who supply distributors and retailers throughout the U.S. It is only supplied in 500 ml.

So you're not getting the good stuff. You're getting watered down FDA approved pish.

Edited by Skacel