aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

We once got 2 bottles of wine wiped off our bill at LaStella because her main was too salty. They've went downhill now with their new revamp though.

Strangely they only charged us for the somewhat meagre amount of molten hot beer that we drank, whereas frankly I would have been pretty pleased to just get that knocked off the tab.  Suckers.

Went to Bread Meats Bread in Glasgow last night (not to be confused with Burger Meats Bun round the corner, which is consistently fantastic).  My old lady had a mega hangover and I'm a growing lad, so we ordered a massive pile of food and a jug of beer.  I'd only really heard bad stuff about the place, and the food that rolled out was pretty much in line with that:  a good concept served overcooked and cold.  And the beer was unpleasantly warm.  What the hell.

My dining companion stared broken hearted at her burger after taking a bite.  I soldiered on, because when you grow up with 7 brothers and 7 sisters, you don't mess about. Luckily, complaining gets you everywhere.  She politely told them the burger was ding and the owner wanders over with a new one (which was marginally less burned to fuck, but at least hot) and informs us that all the food has been wiped off our bill.  Good eggs.  Shame their cooking is pants.

Complaining!

It's next door to our Glasgow office - it's just as rubbish for lunch.

Congrats.

Speaking of pay. There's been an administrative hiccup at my work which has meant my pay check this week has been at minimum wage (i'm getting a 2nd pay check next week to make up the difference but there's a law that says the HR company is legally obliged to pay workers on a certain day or something). Fuck me it's depressing. I can't imagine doing all those hours for the amount that was deposited into my bank account. A wee bit humbling I have to say.

Congrats.

Speaking of pay. There's been an administrative hiccup at my work which has meant my pay check this week has been at minimum wage (i'm getting a 2nd pay check next week to make up the difference but there's a law that says the HR company is legally obliged to pay workers on a certain day or something). Fuck me it's depressing. I can't imagine doing all those hours for the amount that was deposited into my bank account. A wee bit humbling I have to say.

When I was a temp, I once got a whopping great big pay cut without notice, punting me all the way down to minimum wage. I was on it for a couple of months before I landed a permanent job. I don't know how anyone affords to live on it. I had to sell a bunch of stuff to be able to pay bills. Grim.