aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

as per the post on my kickstarter thread, sending a message to the Fram museum in Oslo asking them to share the project on their facebook and them deciding to back it with a chunk of cash and commission me to write a new piece of music for an upcoming exhibition is undoubtably ace-ic. 

That is incredible.

PS. I saw you at the gig on Thurs but didn't get a chance to say hello.

Edited by Sam 45

I've seen it once, never again. It's Ireland's version of Geordie Shore, they are all cunts, also Tallaght is a fairly terrifying shithole where a lot of criminals live and a lot of shootings happen. The city tram that goes out to Tallaght is an eye-opener let me tell you. Muggings, bag snatchings beatings... There's a lot of travellers out that way. Irish travellers are not nice people.

I've seen it once, never again. It's Ireland's version of Geordie Shore, they are all cunts, also Tallaght is a fairly terrifying shithole where a lot of criminals live and a lot of shootings happen. The city tram that goes out to Tallaght is an eye-opener let me tell you. Muggings, bag snatchings beatings... There's a lot of travellers out that way. Irish travellers are not nice people.

Irish travellers are not nice people. Surely a sweeping generalisation.

It' weird but it's a well-known cultural thing

http://www.alexiafoundation.org/stories/StefanieBoyar

Yeah that's true. They have a horse market in the city centre every month, you can get a horse for about 30 quid, no questions asked, you just jump on it and ride away. Teenagers buy them and ride them around the city, and just leave them to roam the housing estates. It's not unheard of to drive past a pub in one of the poorer areas and there be a bunch of horses tied up outside. In fact there's a horse grazing on a bit of wasteland near a demolition site on my estate at the moment. 

The poor horses are horribly looked after, and there's also the added fun of traveller families shooting at each other.

Dublin, like anywhere, has good parts and bad parts, but the bad parts are really, really bad. I work in the rough end of the city centre and it's crack alley, you're dodging junkies everywhere, in the year and a half I've lived here I need two hands to count the amount of my mates who've been mugged or robbed in the area. The scariest part of it is the gangland stuff and the shootings. They're forever pulling bodies out of rivers and skips and stuff. There's a pub round the corner from my house, so far since I moved in three people have been shot in it, in three seperate incidents. All gangsters. Never been in that pub, never will..... 

On the whole I like it, the nice parts of the city are beautiful, the night life and the pubs are like nowhere else in the world.... but shit like that puts you off a place. There's an awful lot of poverty and an awful lot of crime.

Thanks.

I've always had an image of Dublin being half-toursity and half-dodgy. I've never been so just wondered if it was true.

I do like a bit of dodgy-area chat now and again. What's the dodgy-area situation in aberdeen nowadays? Is it still Torry, Tilly, Sandilands or has there been any gentrification in recent years - is there even any 'gangland' activity in Aberdeen (I presume there is)? I've not been back to abdn in about 3 years. Used to live in Woodside which, barring a few streets you wouldn't walk down at 2 in the morning, wasn't all that bad.

Is Torry as bad as they say? I've been a fair few times, never seems to be any real bother. Lived in Tilly for 3 years too. It was quite alright. I always thought Logie and Sandilands were the real hellholes. King Street could do with getting nuked as well, and just let it crumble and float away to Norway.

Urquhart Road is just nasty. I was once walking down to ASDA at the beach and saw someone emptying a binbag of rotten food and rubbish out of their 2nd storey window, onto the street, and onto anyone passing by. The street in general is always filled with rubbish all over the place. I also think it's where that drunk-chav-on-a-bike lives, also known as Bike Cunt. He doesn't ride his bike anymore though. He walks around with quite a severe limp and a can of lager, at all times. I'd say that's under the King Street umbrella. Get it bombed.

Torry is far better than living on King Street, for a start there is actually stuff in Torry. No bloody annoying students either. Been there nearly a year and not had any grief on the street or anything like that. There are plenty of devil dogs, shitting everywhere. Only one murder too.

Well the cunt refused to pick up his dogs shite Jan! What was I to do!?

• Upvote 4

Dogs shitting on streets and owners not picking it up is unforgivable. As bad as treason, or hatecrimes. Send them to jail forever.

I've had to instruct my son to stay off the grassy areas around where we live due to the amount of dog shit that has started to appear of late. I was walking past one piece of grass the other night and there we 2 large piles of shit with a dog shit bin literally 1m away.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

• Upvote 2

I've had to instruct my son to stay off the grassy areas around where we live due to the amount of dog shit that has started to appear of late. I was walking past one piece of grass the other night and there we 2 large piles of shit with a dog shit bin literally 1m away.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

Where about was that? I saw a woman and her dog in some grass on Balnagask Road but I was too far away to see if it was a female dog pissing or a dog shitting. I must look like a right pervert trying to work that out. When looking after my friends dog I have fucked up once. I took out two carrier bags and he (the dog) ended up doing three shits. These cunts don't even bother. String 'em up.

I was looking for you but didn't spy you, shame you didn't get a chance to say hi.  CAS were amazing.  were you doing touring sound?

Yeah, was up doing sound. The band absolutely loved the show, IMP did a great job. I spotted you bought the vinyl as well, hope you are enjoying it.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

There's a grassy slope on Hilton Road which is literally COVERED in dog shit. Like...a turd within a metre radius of every other turd. Its fucking minging. Cunts.

Tory isnt that bad now a days, certain parts i would be careful in, but the outskirts are fine. Tilly is the same, get stuck right in the heart of it and its a bit dodgy, but the outskirts are actually quite nice in parts. I dont think there really is a terrible part of Aberdeen now a days. Sanderlins are a bit rough i guess, but nothing like they used to be. Even parts of the mighty BOD are a bit scetchy now a days, rich kids with nothing to do but steal cars and  damage others. 

I lived in Woodside for a year and it got a bit dodgy at times. I heard some commotion one night and looked out my back window to see about 6 'youths' walking down the street with baseball bats hitting every parked car in their wake. You'd regularly hear junkies shouting at each other and see domestics happening on the street. Of all the places I've lived in Abdn that was the worst I'd say.