aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Guest Cool Thinker

How fucking good the Aberdeen music scene (cringe at using that word, but I guess it works) is right now. Props to everyone doing stuff. Haven't been this happy about this city in a long time, and it feels fucking great.

I did not know you liked Kate Nash that much.

• Upvote 7

What's going on here? I didn't think people were allowed to be positive about the aberdeen music scene on here. What's changed?

A few new faces putting on gigs and along the way giving their mate's bands slots at said gigs. It happens every so often and things become more positive in terms of some form of cohesive, mutually supportive 'scene' rather than some disparate bands kicking about largely independent of each other.

It happened a few years back when there were various club nights such as Sister Resist and the ones Euraxia was doing, the name I forget. Unfortunately at that time I think the Tunnels made it difficult logistically, hopefully the smaller venues like Cellar 35 may make it easier to maintain.

Guest Cool Thinker

Got a holiday booked, hooray! Glasgow for a few days, including My Bloody Valentine, Balloch and Oban too for a few days each too. Really looking forward to relaxing and having time to do as much, or as little as possible.

Your going to Scotland on holiday, stay away from there it rains all the time and the people touch you up, also everyone is negative they hate change.

Change your holiday destination to North Korea you will enjoy it more.

• Downvote 1

I got a new job with an Economic Consultancy which will see my working day become a lot more interesting and pay me lots of money.  I had to jump through firey hoops just to get a first interview, so after all that - and another 3 interviews - it is extremely satisfying to get the job.   

• Upvote 5