aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Guest Cool Thinker

Just booked return flights to Bilbao for less than 40 euros! 

Me and a flatmate are going to spend a a couple of nights there and then go through to San Sebastian where we have a friend.

Canny wait

Type Bilbao in Google Images and this is the first image to come up.

7984740977_3436c06955.jpg

• Upvote 1

Got a wee promotion at work today with extra responsibilities, a not insignificant salary rise, and an invitation to join our professional whisky tasting team. I'm also going to Dalmore House, Whye & Mackay's HQ in Glasgow, to visit the Master Blender's lab and taste some delectable single malts aged 40, 50 and 60 years! One year to the day after starting there.

Back of the fucking onion sack.

Edited by Eupraxia
  • Upvote 11

Cheers, man. The oldest single malt I have tasted is a 25 year old, so what the fuck a 60 year old will taste like I have little notion. I suspect it'll be very woody, and it'll depend on what cask finishes it'll have had, if any. If it's one cask in 60 years, all I can imagine are lots of different oak notes. They don't even sell the 60 year old; 50 is the oldest on the buyer's market. And I'm getting to nose and taste it. Pretty ace-ic.

Got a wee promotion at work today with extra responsibilities, a not insignificant salary rise, and an invitation to join our professional whisky tasting team. I'm also going to Dalmore House, Whye & Mackay's HQ in Glasgow, to visit the Master Blender's lab and taste some delectable single malts aged 40, 50 and 60 years! One year to the day after starting there.

Back of the fucking onion sack.

Was there an opening because of this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21614304 Whoops!

Have to say the random dude at the bus stop who shouted to the bus driver to wait as I was just about to miss the number 3 on Guild Street yesterday was Ace-ic.  Part of me wants to believe it was actually an appearance of CoolThinker in the flesh, helping the mortal souls go about their daily chores on Aberdeen's public transport infrastructure.