aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

The simple act of placing something on the counter isn't enough to constitute a transaction. They could have found the boxes lying on the floor, or in another part of the store and brought them to the counter.

While it was obvious that the dvd's were obviously for the kids to watch, the fact that the parent was the one with the money and looking to complete the transaction, should mean the member of staff should ID the parent then serve them. If the kids were handing over the money, which often happens then the server would have been correct.

The simple act of placing something on the counter isn't enough to constitute a transaction. They could have found the boxes lying on the floor, or in another part of the store and brought them to the counter.

While it was obvious that the dvd's were obviously for the kids to watch, the fact that the parent was the one with the money and looking to complete the transaction, should mean the member of staff should ID the parent then serve them. If the kids were handing over the money, which often happens then the server would have been correct.

It's not so much who has what in their hands, it's if the cashier has reason to believe an age restricted item is being bought for someone underage then they are quite right to refuse. It's up to the cashier how strict to be about that. The main point about this though is if the woman felt so aggrieved by this, she should have asked to speak to a manager and done some old fashioned complaining, not pointless facebook posts.

Not long ago I tried to buy booze from the Sainsbury's local on Rosemount. I got ID'd, didn't have any on me (I'm 27) and got refused. I turned to my mate behind me and said "Got ID'd. Balls." and waited for him. She then refused to sell him his booze, even though he didn't try to buy the booze I was refused and he had ID, purely because I knew him. That's fucking ridiculous.

Went across the road and got from the co-op, so not too big a deal. But fuck you Sainsbury's.

I didn't write on the Sainsbury's facebook though.

Not long ago I tried to buy booze from the Sainsbury's local on Rosemount. I got ID'd, didn't have any on me (I'm 27) and got refused. I turned to my mate behind me and said "Got ID'd. Balls." and waited for him. She then refused to sell him his booze, even though he didn't try to buy the booze I was refused and he had ID, purely because I knew him. That's fucking ridiculous.

Went across the road and got from the co-op, so not too big a deal. But fuck you Sainsbury's.

I didn't write on the Sainsbury's facebook though.

Maybe she didn't get on Wacaday when she was a kid.

• Upvote 1

While I agree that Tesco did the right thing here, what I don't understand is how they knew the girl wasn't old enough to buy them? Unless she was wearin a big birthday badge saying "11 today!"

And another thing... what kind of proof of age do 12 year olds usually carry around?

Usually most places will take Accord Cards. Kids get those at school. I believe we at the cinema accept those if we have to prove age for 15s etc.

How? Person behind the till had every reason to think you two were going off to drink that together, and she thought you were underage (bizarrely, right enough). That's a well-known thing, that everyone present for the transaction have to be able to produce ID.

If that is the law, whichever one it is, it's fucking stupid.

We weren't even together at the till. He waited in the queue behind me. If he'd have been served by the other cashier but we were talking at the time and I got refused, would she then have to turn to the other cashier and say "You can't serve him, cos I've just refused this guy."??

I remember once, someone did something funny in a queue behind me, and I turned, laughed with him, and turned back. I got a "is he with you?" and he got id'd. He never had any id, must have been buying food or something. that was a weird one. managed to convince the guy at the till that i didn't know him.

If that is the law, whichever one it is, it's fucking stupid.

We weren't even together at the till. He waited in the queue behind me. If he'd have been served by the other cashier but we were talking at the time and I got refused, would she then have to turn to the other cashier and say "You can't serve him, cos I've just refused this guy."??

Probably not. There's no reason for her to believe you are together, and thus her arse is covered if you're a secret shopper or a police stooge or something.

http://www.facebook.com/nicola.western.7/posts/113270312170602?ref=notif&notif_t=close_friend_activity#!/photo.php?fbid=10152249149890123&set=a.10152249149065123.923463.696640122&type=1&theater

Quite a good visual aurora right now. This Facebook picture was taken at 8pm. You need to be somewhere really dark and look up towards the North East.