aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Apparently ice has gone down at numerous arenas, so the season looks set to commence Nov 2nd and 3rd, all being well. Being watching some AHL highlights in the meantime. Those guys are nuts. The technique is sloppy, but they love a bit of roughing up. Big hits!

Yeah ESPN showing AHL and KHL so I need to catch some games soon.

My wknd has been ace-ic. It's rolled into tuesday it was that good.

about 30 folk from back home over in NYC for my sister's wedding. It's been utter mayhem but in a good way. Trying to herd them all on the subway etc has been a challenge. Some of them got into 4-loko and got lifted by the bobbies on the Stag do, crashed a film set, made friends with a total brooklyn thug... it's been amazing.

• Upvote 1

My wknd has been ace-ic. It's rolled into tuesday it was that good.

about 30 folk from back home over in NYC for my sister's wedding. It's been utter mayhem but in a good way. Trying to herd them all on the subway etc has been a challenge. Some of them got into 4-loko and got lifted by the bobbies on the Stag do, crashed a film set, made friends with a total brooklyn thug... it's been amazing.

You should post the story here - http://fourlokostories.com

• Upvote 1

Hurricane Sandy.

Two days off work. Bonus.

I take this back. That was more than a wee hoolie and I'm still stuck in my flat after a whole week. It got pretty serious. My area was untouched thankfully but a lot of people weren't so lucky - one of my friend's house got washed away. He's surprisingly chipper.

Subways are still not running, can't be hooped waiting in a massive line to get the bus. Harumph.

Some of the (cool) stories (bros) in this are great, especially the ones in the comments under the main thing: http://www.avclub.com/articles/live-performers-acting-out,88237

My favourite - "At a Jesus Lizard show in the 90's David Yow must have drank about 15 Budweisers and had all of the empty bottles lined up on the drum riser. The whole show there were a few frat boys in the back talking and not really paying attention. I guess Yow had had enough of their "disrespect" and threw a bottle at one of them. It hit the dude square in the back of the head (he had his back to the stage at the time). When the dude turned around, Yow bellowed "Who ever threw that bottle needs to stop before you hurt someone!""

YOW!

• Upvote 1