aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I grew up in the heart of Teuchterville and even I struggle to understand that. If it was in "conversational" Doric I could almost see the point, as it is it's in a language that even Doric speakers don't speak anymore. Way to waste 6 years.

• Upvote 1

I presume it is this place:

http://www.zazabazaar.com/

Looks...interesting.

Yes, it was Za Za Bazaar, down on the canal front in Bristol, where the Aquariam and Planetarium is. In the evening, people are queing down the steps and out of the door to get in, even though it seats 1000+ people. It is insane.

Seriously, I absolutely piled in the food around 24 hours ago now. I haven't eaten anything since. I think I've ruptured my digestive system. I don't think I will be hungry ever again.

That sounds wonderful. Maybe I could do a special report. I could go over to NYC for it and everything. Mixing cereal with booze though? I dunno. Bailey's actually in the cereal, like, instead of milk?

A wee splash of milk + a shot and mix it up. Sounds minging. Isn't. You would have been impressed with the spread of cereal on offer. They even had a special edition Olympics 2012 Team USA cereal. Not even a co-branded effort, that was its name. If you ever make it across the pond for a special foreign investigatory cofack post we should meet up to compare bowling/utensil preferences, eating techniques and regale each other with cereal-related anecdotes of yore.

• Upvote 1

A wee splash of milk + a shot and mix it up. Sounds minging. Isn't. You would have been impressed with the spread of cereal on offer. They even had a special edition Olympics 2012 Team USA cereal. Not even a co-branded effort, that was its name. If you ever make it across the pond for a special foreign investigatory cofack post we should meet up to compare bowling/utensil preferences, eating techniques and regale each other with cereal-related anecdotes of yore.

That sounds lovely.

Tha

Yes, it was Za Za Bazaar, down on the canal front in Bristol, where the Aquariam and Planetarium is. In the evening, people are queing down the steps and out of the door to get in, even though it seats 1000+ people. It is insane.

Seriously, I absolutely piled in the food around 24 hours ago now. I haven't eaten anything since. I think I've ruptured my digestive system. I don't think I will be hungry ever again.

That sounds outstanding. Now all i want to do is put myself in a food coma from this establishment and spend the next day feeling like I am shitting furniture.....glorious.

I'm not usually a fan of buffets. I've not been to a chinese buffet in 2 or 3 years. They are foul. Jimmy Chungs is an abhorrent place with evidently shite quality food bought in bulk by the thousand, and it's barely cooked properly, and is just grim. I wouldn't ever go there again.

The only thing it has in common with Za Za is that it's a buffet. To me, it was pretty much what you'd expect a food hall at a good all inclusive hotel to look like. Each of the "islands" as they are called are a big square with the kitchen in the middle of it, so you see everything being cooked and then being laid out, and the quality of everything I had was outstanding. Then there's parts where you pick fresh ingredients and the chefs make you your own stir fry/risotto/pizza etc to order whilst you wait.

The only downside is that there's so much choice that it's impossible to try everything. I did try, but it started to feel like death was approaching.

This weekend was boss. Went to a wedding with good scran and good booze. Hung out in Bristol drinking great cider and eating awesome food. Saw my favourite band yesterday, and a whole bunch of others. Went to an absolutely colossal All You Can Eat restaurant today, apparently the biggest in Europe. Curries, noodles, sushi, build your own burger bar, a ton of pizzas, piri piri chicken, chilli, nachos, tons more plus all kinds of desserts. It was just bananas. I ate about 5 main courses and a mountain of ice cream, for £9.00 a head. All I can feel now is pain and discomfort, but no regret. It was the best.

slowly turning Scottish. ME LIKEY

Had a first practice with a new band last night which was more productive than 90% of band practices I've ever had in the past.

You've obviously never seen a Needleman practice. The pinacle of productivity.

Play entire set of 6(I think) songs twice - 16 minutes.

Shoot the shit and drink energy drinks - 74 minutes.

xx

• Upvote 1

You've obviously never seen a Needleman practice. The pinacle of productivity.

Play entire set of 6(I think) songs twice - 16 minutes.

Shoot the shit and drink energy drinks - 74 minutes.

xx

Back in the day Dos Dedos practices consisted mostly of penny football and walking to the chinese to get spring rolls. Very occasionally a song would break out. After a while we changed practice spaces to one closer to Rathen's flat and then replaced the penny football with Pro Evo.

Great news! What sort of music is it?

Riffy alt-rock. The buzzword that brought us together was Tomahawk but it's probably going to be a little more straight forward than that to begin with.

Just hope I can keep skin on my fingers long enough to make it work.

• Upvote 1

Back in the day Dos Dedos practices consisted mostly of penny football and walking to the chinese to get spring rolls. Very occasionally a song would break out. After a while we changed practice spaces to one closer to Rathen's flat and then replaced the penny football with Pro Evo.

Which I mostly kicked you and Steve's bums at. Them were great practices. Turn up, play through the set for 45 minutes, over to mine, Pro Evo and tea for 3 hours, back to practice, play through the set again, done. #bandbanter