aberdeen-music

Heroes/Idols: Dead or Alive

kirsten

Apologies if there's already a thread on this.

Who are your ultimate heroes/idols/people you'd kill to meet/people you'd possibly have to dig up in order to shake hands with?

I always claim people are my heroes, but that's mainly bullshit. They're probably just people I fancy at the time.

These are the people who I genuinely admire the most and have done for as long as I can remember... (complete with links to Wikipedia, for I am that sophisticated...)

-Graham Linehan

-Stephen Fry

-Charlie Brooker

-Chris Morris

-Jarvis Cocker

-Morrissey (...sort of begrudgingly.)

-Johnny Thunders

This is the part where I click 'submit' then realise I've missed out someone vital and so I begin to question whether or not I do actually like them as much as I thought...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eugene Dadi.

Actually yeah, shit footballer but one of the nicest people I've ever met. Always had a cheery persona, despite his life being riddled with shitty situations. Always had time for the fans. What a guy.

Oh yeah! He was ace. As were Stavrum and Zero.

Zero was a gent, but Arild was a proper cunt. I remember being ten, patiently waiting for 25 minutes for an autograph whilst he was texting someone.

I mean he had every right to, but it still killed me a little.

Zero was a gent, but Arild was a proper cunt. I remember being ten, patiently waiting for 25 minutes for an autograph whilst he was texting someone.

I mean he had every right to, but it still killed me a little.

Aww, that sucks, he was lovely when we met him. I miss being little and being at Pittodrie open days :D

Samuel Johnson (wrote the first english dictionary, reported to be incredibly arrogant, fat, grotesque and prone to spitting whilst eating). Reckon it'd be quite funny.

Hugh Macdiarmid. 20th century Scottish writer. One of the SNP's founding members, though was later kicked out. Incredibly outspoken and overtly scathing about those he didn't approve of but very, very funny. Few photos existing in which he doesn't look completely nuts.

Darwin. Created a theory which obliterated conceptions of the universe, charging debate around the subject of God's existence, defining the secular era in which we reside.

Shakespeare. So little is known about this chap yet few have a more pervasive influence upon British character, thought and language. Laid the foundations of our modern era.

Steve Coogan. Partridge is simply the greatest comic character ever. Peerless.

Hitler...Would be interesting to witness someone who could captivate and subdue an entire nation and bring about events so utterly depraved and despicable.