aberdeen-music

Neil Young coming to Aberdeen

Alan Cynic

My ticket is booked, wouldn't miss it regardless of the venue. As with Bob Dylan at the AECC, how many chances will you have to see a true legend in your near vicinity?

How the fuck did The Eagles end up in a Neil Young thread? That's like mentioning Kate Nash in a Patti Smith thread.

I fucking detest The Eagles...tepid pish that deserved to remain in the 70's. The only good thing to come from The Eagles was the Spanish version of 'Hotel California' that cropped up in The Big Lebowski but even that was more because of the dual amusement factor of John Turturro in a purple jumpsuit.

who are the Eagles?

who are the Eagles?

I'm assuming that's a joke - if not, don't bother investigating. I always think of them as one of thoses bands that lazy listeners like - you know, the ones who like to have something easy and none offensive going on in the background....The Eagles are kind of like the music equivalent of Mellow Birds coffee.....

My parents bought some and they are really looking forward to it. I'm deciding if I want to go or not but it's sure to be an amazing night. Does anyone know who is supporting and why he's playing Aberdeen? Is it a warm up to a festival etc?

Apologies if this has already been answered.

I believe Neil is closing the Isle of Wight festival on 14th June, then Nottingham 23 June, Aberdeen 24th but he is also at the Primavera Festival Barcelona in May

I'm assuming that's a joke - if not, don't bother investigating. I always think of them as one of thoses bands that lazy listeners like - you know, the ones who like to have something easy and none offensive going on in the background....The Eagles are kind of like the music equivalent of Mellow Birds coffee.....

yes of course I was joking

eh? The Eagles havent contributed anything of any worth to the world of music in decades. I cant see why anyone would complain about the price of Neil Young tickets when he is still constantly producing fantastic albums (Chrome Dreams II and Living With War were both great). I have never looked forward to a gig as much as this.

Crosby, Stills & Nash are playing Edinburgh Castle a couple of weeks after I hear. Worth the trip I reckon...

I totally agree with you- the cost of the tickets for Neil Young is well worth it - I would have paid a lot more and to think I will only have to travel 30 mile to see him is beyond belief. Cant wait cant wait cant wait!!!!

Is the gig all standing and any idea of the capacity. One last question, how easy is it to get transport back to the City Centre after the gig and what's best ie bus/taxi?

Any response much appreciated.

seats are 55 and are at the back of the hall (obviously) and standing is 50.

as for transport -

How to get to AECC, Aberdeen city

This might be helpful -

Gig N Go for Concerts

First in partnership with the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre operate a Gig 'n' Go service. If you're going to a gig at the AECC, fancy having a drink and then need to get into the city centre afterwards, then this service is perfect for you.

Catch the Gig 'n' Go service at the Holiday Inn bus stop at 11pm after an event at the AECC.

Flat fare of 1.80 applies.

The support at the London dates is Seasick Steve so it may be him in Aberdeen as well.

That was the thing- I saw he was playing London with Fleet Foxes and Seasick Steve which personally is a line-up I'd be more than willing to spend 50 or so quid on. But it seems that's some sort of festival so I very much doubt that'll be the case sadly.