aberdeen-music

Neil Young coming to Aberdeen

Alan Cynic

I know some folk like him and all that, but I wouldn't pay anything like that amount to see him... not worth it (I think he's over-rated and can't sing for crap anyway!)

... now if it was someone like The Eagles...............:up:

You were doing fine until the last line.

Oh, and the bit about singing, too. I like folk who can't sing better than pop idol shyte. I don't particularly like Neil Young because I don't particularly like his songs.

• Upvote 1

I know some folk like him and all that, but I wouldn't pay anything like that amount to see him... not worth it (I think he's over-rated and can't sing for crap anyway!)

... now if it was someone like The Eagles...............:up:

The Eagles are an abomination against music. They're what happens if you take the Flying Burrito Brothers and remove any trace of talent from them. I fucking hate The Eagles.

The Eagles are an abomination against music. They're what happens if you take the Flying Burrito Brothers and remove any trace of talent from them. I fucking hate The Eagles.

true dat.

eagles are fucking shit. neil young has bum grapes which are more talented than the eagles.

i love me some neil young but there's no way i'm going to pay something silly like 75 to see someone that probably shouldn't be doing live shows anymore - apparently on the last tour he was looking a bit washed out/not really into it AT ALL.

Where did you read that?

I'm assuming you didn't see him on the last tour - tickets were more expensive than this tour, for a start.

The Edinburgh gig last year was one of the greatest performances I've seen in 20 years of gig going & he never looked "washed out/not really into AT ALL".

The Edinburgh gig last year was one of the greatest performances I've seen in 20 years of gig going & he never looked "washed out/not really into AT ALL".

At least the Playhouse is a decent venue though. Charging 62 to see anybody at the AECC is taking the piss.

I really like a few of Neil Young's songs (Heart of Gold, Harvest Moon) but for me he is one of a number of good, solid acts who are way, way, way over-rated by the press and given undeserved legendary and therefore "must-see" status. Others I would put in this category include Bruce Springsteen and Pink Floyd. I mean, they're good, but not as amazing as everybody makes out.

mmm. an abomination? well, Gram Parsons was mates with them and worked with them in the early days, so he must have thought they were O.K ?

(I'm not a big fan of the Eagles either, but rather them (or anybody else within reason at that kind of price) than Neil F*cking Young !))

Its all personal preferences at the end of the day! :)

mmm. an abomination? well, Gram Parsons was mates with them and worked with them in the early days, so he must have thought they were O.K ?

Um, no, he didn't.

I would recommend this excellent book for an overview on Gram Parsons' views on The Eagles' humanitarian bore crimes.

Hotel California: Singer-songwriters and Cocaine Cowboys in the L.A. Canyons 1967-1976: Barney Hoskyns: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Where did you read that?

It was a superb performance, very intimate for the acoustic first half, then he lifted the roof off the place in the 2nd with his electric set.

Um, no, he didn't.

I would recommend this excellent book for an overview on Gram Parsons' views on The Eagles' humanitarian bore crimes.

Hotel California: Singer-songwriters and Cocaine Cowboys in the L.A. Canyons 1967-1976: Barney Hoskyns: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Well, I seem to recall watching a programme on TV about the early days of The Eagles and a different program about Gram Parsons, that mentioned that they were quite friendly and had some collaboration (songwriting?)..even before Parsons friendship with Keef...

but I won't argue with you, I may be wrong!...but I don't think so!

:)

If upi read the book you'll find there was a real community in LA in the mid to late 60s and just about everybody worked together/hung out.

But Gram was dismayed by the fact that The Eagles country-rock lite was such a runaway success while his own efforts were largely ignored while he was still alive.

Cheers...cool

(Wish I could remember that TV programmes name????? it did cover aspects of that community and covered Parsons whole story incl his bizarre death & funeral pyre!)

very interesting....

:)

It was probably this:

Rise and fall of the LA dream - Telegraph

Basically just a BBC documentary version of the book I posted.

Overall message The Eagles (well, cocaine and Charles Manson too) killed the SoCal country rock dream.