aberdeen-music

Neil Young coming to Aberdeen

Alan Cynic

Had never listened to Neil Young before last night and only went because my dad bought me a ticket. Left with a huge smile on my face and enjoyed every second of it.

To be honest I should have expected it to be good since every time my dad's roped me into a gig with him it has been. (Last one was the Australian Pink Floyd when I'd never listened to Pink Floyd before.)

Auld Neil

Words fail me... how good was that?

1) Neil is a genuine genius... the best gig ever in the history of AECC for certainty

2) Down by the River ... RITFW and Cortez ...

3) Needle, Unknown Legend Everyone Knows this is nowhere..

Saw him last year in the playhouse Embra... best gig I've been at I reckon... the sound was perfect. AECC sound a bit shitty ... but Neil rocked and showed all you young lads you can still be doing it at 60!

As for the rent a weegies... GTF ... one of them was moaning about having to come all the way to Aber (fucking) deen to see Neil ... His only Scottish date " a disgrace" ... f*CK OFF..

More annoying were the two train spotters trying to out nerd each other on who had the most encyclopedic knowledge of Neily minutae ... still at least they were sober :-)

Where are my Neil Young archives .... ?

The red phone? doesn't everyone have one ?

:-)

Stuart

Is it just me or has the neeps gazette totally failed to review the gig?

Pretty poor given they sponsor the arena and did manage to review the show from the night before - Britains Got Talent - which was a sell out 4,000!!

How many at Neil Young does anyone know - reckon theor was more than that somehow?

I think his performance of Cortez the Killer was the best performance of any song I have seen by any band ever. Amazing. Down by The River comes a close 2nd. I said to my Dad, if he carried on playing Down by the River until his set finished I'd have still walked out a happy man. A wonderful night that even the AECC couldn't spoil (and although Ive seen some complaints, compared to Arctic Monkeys at AECC the crowd were a delight).

I'm with you kirkt Cortez the Killer was simply unflawed magnificence...... closely follow by Down by The River

Can I recommend people check out Low/Dirty 3 "in the fishtank"

version of Down by The River which is as good & certainly faithful

to the original.

Had Neil played Hurricane I'm sure the roof would have come off

the tin shed

Neil Young played Aberdeen :up:

Is it just me or has the neeps gazette totally failed to review the gig?

Pretty poor given they sponsor the arena and did manage to review the show from the night before - Britains Got Talent - which was a sell out 4,000!!

There's an irony there - a true, enduring genius playing in the same venue a night after the place was infested by no-talent, flash-in-the-pan nonentities.

Also - anyone remember what song NY dedicated to "all you alchoholics"? - the EE said "Stupid Girl", but we're not convinced it was.

Is it just me or has anyone else had an intense beamer of a smile on there face ahh day from this gig? I've just been in a total state of chuffedness all day!

I still canna believe I've seen Neil - it was all like a dream - I was so wound up afore he came on thought i wid pass oot! Bloody amazin - hope he comes back next year.