aberdeen-music

Glasgow Showcase at LT

Jim Stax

Guest idol_wild
Anyone care to explain to me what the Glasgow Unsigned Showcase is that I've seen advertised as coming to the LT?

Cant get my head around it. Is it a gig swap thing or something?

I saw this poster in the venue too.

The bands sound like they're mince. They'll all probably "piece together the best parts of the Stones, Led Zep, The Beatles and Oasis to make a new fresh and invigorating sound", or some shite like that.

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I cant wait! I'm going along to find out exactly what it takes to be the next big thing in the music business. Something I know that Aberdeen Musicians have been crying out for. Thankfully someone has seen the light and decided we need Glasgow to come up here and show us the way!

Sarcasm aside Im sure the bands may be alright but who the fuck in their right mind thought this was a good idea?! Is this the new music programmers brilliance at work?

o_O

Again, I'm happy to be corrected on any and all points!

and

is an Unsigned Showcase not just a gig?! I played an unsigned showcase at the Moorings last night! Pick a venue with a local line and hey presto...

I'm tired and grumpy by the way

I had a wee look to see which Glasgow bands are on the line up... and 'who?' sprung to mind. I'm not saying that their name should be known or anything, but there's so many bands down here that unless you're half decent or manage to get your name out and about you just flounder.

I had a wee look to see which Glasgow bands are on the line up... and 'who?' sprung to mind. I'm not saying that their name should be known or anything, but there's so many bands down here that unless you're half decent or manage to get your name out and about you just flounder.

Who are they then?

How do you know you've never heard of them if you don't know who's playing? o_O

I went to the link on the Lemon Tree website and had a wee look at who's playing. What I meant was I hadn't seen their names on posters or heard them mentioned anywhere, hadn't seen them support any other Glasgow bands etc etc.

I didn't make that very clear. Sorry.

I went to the link on the Lemon Tree website and had a wee look at who's playing. What I meant was I hadn't seen their names on posters or heard them mentioned anywhere, hadn't seen them support any other Glasgow bands etc etc.

Aye, i got that impression. Graeme was probably hoping you'd list them so he didn't have to go on the LT website :)

I have now followed the links and checked out the bands.

o_O

Nothing there really to suggest that there will be or should be an/any audience there that night.

I would probably enjoy Rodan if I had walked into The Moorings for a passing pint and they happened to be playing.

The rest of it can 'get tae foock'! I have now added a 'Big man' big man...

Sorry, been viewing Limmy.com

Old man...grumpy old man...nah nah nah ;)

Nah, that was yesterday!

I'm really excitied today. I have put a line of Aberdeen bands together for a showcase in Glasgow! Just need a Glasgow music programmer to fall for my slight of hand and play on words now :laughing:

I think I'll stop now as I feel I have made perplexity known :)