aberdeen-music

I'm Immensely Proud of the Fact that...

Bigsby

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I thought they died a (probably self-inflicted) death, but there were a few of the shrieky bisons arguing atop the St. Nick centre yesterday evening. We used to call them Slipneds.

Wasn't there a goth club in the shopping centre in Leeds. I'm talking 1990-ish. I seem to remember it was open on a saturday afternoon so you'd stagger up from the bowels of a dark and sweaty club about 5pm out amongst the bright happy shoppers. I'm not sure what the shoppers thought of all these drunk goths and grebos staggering around looking for something to do for a couple of hours before the club reopenned.

Last time I was at a gig in Leeds. I was offered, in fairly short order a shag off some guy's partner & a blowjob in exchange for cigarrettes - this was early evening. We rounded-off the night by having a run-in with the Police & were racially abused by a Tesco security guard.

Not in a hurry to go back there again! :up:

Be a bit difficult to stop teenagers hanging-out IMO, most of them are only biding time till they can get into a pub or a club.

Never mind that in doing so, we'd end-up looking like some no-fun calvinist shithole on the periphery of nowhere.

Oh! o_O

Don't have a problem with normal teenagers hanging about, just bams/Goths/Emos.

All that said, [alancynic] I didn't hang about when I was their age, I had a part time job from the age of 13 which enabled me to buy CDs/hifi gear/guitars. Kids today don't know they're born. [/alancynic]

There are far worse sub groups of teenagers going around. Like the ones who habitually carry around bolt cutters and try to steal your wheels. I'd quite happily have goths hanging around looking monochromatic over that.
I once met a ned. We got talking about work. I asked if he had a job, He said "Yes." and proceeded to tell me that that was his job. In total seriousness. It was a job.

NOTHING is as bad as that. Apart from the #19 double decker bus going back to Tillydrone between 8 and 9 on a Friday night. It's quite possibly the most popular underage N.E.D. nightclub going.

The #19 bus towards Tillydrone, along with the whole of George St has to be filled with the biggest bunch of weirdos ever. The first time I sat at the wrong bus stop (I was meant to be going to Cults, but instead I was on the Tilly side) some woman started talking to me about how Aberdeen is filled with ugly people (though she was far more complimentary towards the end of this conversation than that sentence would have you believe) and the second time was when I was on the bus, after being at a Young Enterprise conference thingy, in my school uniform and there was a baby in the luggage-type space opposite me and a lady asked if it was mine. :(

As for George St; I have not once walked down there (in my 18 years of existence, each one of them spent on a street just off of George Street) without being approached by someone strange, or seeing some dodgy dealings/people peeing in alley-ways (in the middle of the afternoon).

Don't have a problem with normal teenagers hanging about, just bams/Goths/Emos.

All that said, [alancynic] I didn't hang about when I was their age, I had a part time job from the age of 13 which enabled me to buy CDs/hifi gear/guitars. Kids today don't know they're born. [/alancynic]

Not too far off! :laughing: We used to go and play football nearly every evening. However, one by one as the hormones kicked in, my mates started going to the 'disco' at the Cowdray Hall (called 'The Pit'). Eventually it was only me and my pal Brian who ended up doing' shootie-in', until we gave up and trudged unhappily along to the dancing. Once we got there the sight of hot pants and tank tops gave us the kickstart we'd been needing.

I still had my paper round, but it was LPs I was wasting the pennies on.

I don't mind goths/emos/metallers/teddy boys/knopflerians etc hanging around at all, only 'bad folk doing bad things' of whatever persuasion.