aberdeen-music

I'm Immensely Proud of the Fact that...

Bigsby

...Aberdeen doesn't have gangs of goths/Emos hanging around.

Glasgow (just off Buchanan Street), Edinburgh (Cockburn Street) and Dundee (outside Primark) all seem to have designated areas for these twats to loiter. Kids in Aberdeen seem to have more class.

Here's a big thumbs up :up: to the youth of Aberdeen for by and large resisting the temptation to be "different" by dressing exactly the same as thousands of other people around the world.

...Aberdeen doesn't have gangs of goths/Emos hanging around.

Glasgow (just off Buchanan Street), Edinburgh (Cockburn Street) and Dundee (outside Primark) all seem to have designated areas for these twats to loiter. Kids in Aberdeen seem to have more class.

Here's a big thumbs up :up: to the youth of Aberdeen for by and large resisting the temptation to be "different" by dressing exactly the same as thousands of other people around the world.

You don't walk across the top of St Nicholas centre much do you?

They're still not as bad as the uneducated delinquents that hang about outside McDonalds on Union Street.
NOTHING is as bad as that. Apart from the #19 double decker bus going back to Tillydrone between 8 and 9 on a Friday night. It's quite possibly the most popular underage N.E.D. nightclub going.

They all used to hang outside the Corn Exhange in Leeds, back when the CEX had shops like Grin and Exit and all kinds of weird mosher shit. The quanitity of them was absolutely insane as the summer must have brought them out in hundreds, and the atmosphere was just grim. Administering free hugs, being loud and whacky, getting off with other with hands down pants. Awful. They'd literally just sit from about 10am til 6 at night. Even longer if it was Summer and stayed light. Then a new group started hanging out inside the train station. The internet created myths that they became rivals. Cornies and Trainies. They had their own MSN group with details of what would happen if a Trainie ever passed a Cornie in the street involving quite brutal violence and such.

Needless to say, fuck all happened because they were all a bunch of make-up wearing jessies. Now they don't hang out at either because the CEX was transformed into some upper class Ikea or something and the Train Station is swarming with Police constantly. They are probably at home on Myspace or something.

Also, Bigsby, what's with the odd use of capitalization in your first post?

The thread title had random capitals in out of place places, and then you felt Emo was as deserving as the almighty Himself that you went ahead and capitalized it.

What gives dude?

Hmm, well as far as I'm concerned the title is correct in that all words are capitalised except commonly used words ie the/a/and etc.

As for "Emo", I'm not sure where it stands in the OED but it seems to me that it's a generally recognised sub-section of society these days, therefore I gave Emos the respect they clearly deserve by giving them a capital. ;)

In my opinion your use of the American "capitalization is a far greater crime. ;)

Hmm, well as far as I'm concerned the title is correct in that all words are capitalised except commonly used words ie the/a/and etc.

As for "Emo", I'm not sure where it stands in the OED but it seems to me that it's a generally recognised sub-section of society these days, therefore I gave Emos the respect they clearly deserve by giving them a capital. ;)

In my opinion your use of the American "capitalization is a far greater crime. ;)

I went to an international school. Therefore, I have diplomatic immunity.

They all used to hang outside the Corn Exhange in Leeds, back when the CEX had shops like Grin and Exit and all kinds of weird mosher shit. The quanitity of them was absolutely insane as the summer must have brought them out in hundreds, and the atmosphere was just grim. Administering free hugs, being loud and whacky, getting off with other with hands down pants. Awful. They'd literally just sit from about 10am til 6 at night. Even longer if it was Summer and stayed light. Then a new group started hanging out inside the train station. The internet created myths that they became rivals. Cornies and Trainies. They had their own MSN group with details of what would happen if a Trainie ever passed a Cornie in the street involving quite brutal violence and such.

Needless to say, fuck all happened because they were all a bunch of make-up wearing jessies. Now they don't hang out at either because the CEX was transformed into some upper class Ikea or something and the Train Station is swarming with Police constantly. They are probably at home on Myspace or something.

You're my favourite person on the internet.

They all used to hang outside the Corn Exhange in Leeds

Wasn't there a goth club in the shopping centre in Leeds. I'm talking 1990-ish. I seem to remember it was open on a saturday afternoon so you'd stagger up from the bowels of a dark and sweaty club about 5pm out amongst the bright happy shoppers. I'm not sure what the shoppers thought of all these drunk goths and grebos staggering around looking for something to do for a couple of hours before the club reopenned.

pete

inthehills

There's a big indoor goth market in Birmingham. There's always millions of the fuckers hanging around there on a Saturday afternoon.

For the record, this is a market that sells goth clothing etc, it doesn't sell actual goths. I think I bought some sunglasses from there once.

had my hopes up there, i was hoping to buy myself a wee pet goth and keep it in the shed. i could take it out for walks by its leash and leave it tied outside asda while i nipped in for a pint of milk