aberdeen-music

Street Fighter IV

The Kernel Loaf

Anyone picked this up yet? I think its fucking brilliant, although it still doesn't beat Street Fighter Alpha 3 in my opinion, mainly because there are less characters and Seth is a cheap bastard.

Anyone fancy a game of this on 360 at some point? My gamertag is 'The Kernel Loaf'.

It would be cool to set up a tournament, but for some stupid reason, you can only make 1 on 1 lobbies at the moment instead of a rotation (winner stays on etc.)

How playable is this with the standard 360 controller?

It's not bad with either analogue or the d-pad, never have any problems pulling off any moves whatsoever. The PS3 pads are shocking, a d-pad that will give you blisters after 5mins of use and the stick just is horrible to use.

The arcade stick is pretty cool and not tried the actual 360 fighter pads yet as no one can get hold of any!

How playable is this with the standard 360 controller?

The D-Pad is a fucking abomination to gaming - I'd say it is probably the worst one I have ever used. Sometimes when I try to do hadoukens, I end up forward jumping instead! It is even worse when trying to do charge-based moves such as Guile's Flash Kick.

The analog stick is surprisingly good though! Haven't had any problems whatsoever, and the shape of the groove fits your thumb comfortably. The only gripe I have with the controller is that the left and right bumpers/ aren't 'clicky' enough, so once in a blue moon they will fail to register that you pushed it.

I would get the FightPad that Madcatz are offering, but I can't be arsed forking out 60 for a controller.

Im in for some games, gamertag is C0rbul0.

As far as the game goes, i think it's okay. It's a shame they felt the need to include so much joystick gymnastics and stupidly tight link combos, which just sets up artificial barriers to enter the game. I'd rather games were about strategy and mind games, not 1 frame links that require a year in solo practice mode to perfect. The netcode is a let down, any fighter with input lag in this day and age is completely unacceptable. But besides it's flaws, it's still a great game.

As for a tournament, i'd really love if we could get enough people to hold something offline!

Edit: Due to the rediculous joystick wank required to pull of some of the more damaging combos and cancels, i doubt you'd be able to play at any higher than a basic level on anything but a joystick.

We could just arrange it and play it all over online... seperate the ps3 users from the 360 ones, each win would have to be validated however.

Sounds like a good idea, however I just don't have the time to organise any kind of system. A square go on the 360 whenever you want to sounds like a plan - just send me a message over Live when you want to play.

I'm the same, I just can't get the knack for it.

Does anyone know why vega can take off his mask and claw thing? Does it have any actual advantage to him to do so? ?(

He doesn't, when he recieves enough damage or only after a devestating attack do both come off. This has always happened since Street Fighter 2 although it wasn't until Alpha did the mask also come off.

If you feel you can't get to grips with the game or you are just plain rubbish I would recommend the training mode as it helps with learning how to pull off your moves at the best times rather than learning by experience against others.

To learn the moves use the Trial mode located with the challenges as they offer how to pull off your specials, super and ultra and whatever combos are available to your character.

I have always been a Ken/Ryu user. I prefer this style of fighting over fighters that require charged moves. Since Akuma became playable in SF2Turbo I have always used him. In every game he has been in he has required to be unlocked before use which is annoying.

Here's a list of similar fighters that use the same control method

Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Gouken, Cammy, Dhalsim, Rose, Zangief, Gen, Fei Long, Abel, Seth, Sagat, C.Viper, Rufus, El Fuerte

And the other control method (charging) <- (hold), ->

Bison, Balrog, Blanka, Vega, E-honda, Guile, Chun Li,

I'm the same, I just can't get the knack for it.

Does anyone know why vega can take off his mask and claw thing? Does it have any actual advantage to him to do so? ?(

There is commands to do these moves (check the ingame moves list). I'm not too sure if removing the claw has any benefit, but a mask removal will grant the player 25% extra damage on all attacks, but it means you take more punishment as well.

There's no advantage for losing the claw, it's just there for a bit of showmanship, you do however lose a ton of range.

And losing the mask means you take more damage than akuma, which is bad news. Vega fairly got the shaft in this game like, along with honda..

I've moved back to Super turbo already, there are too many things that I just don't like about Sf4 to keep me interested. If the netcode had been half decent I may have stuck with it, but putting an emphasis on link combos and then having input lag is by far the biggest mistake anyone could make when putting a fighter online.

I'd still play it with you guys, but if you really want beasted hit me up on HD remix.