aberdeen-music

Faith No More reform!!!!!

Darth Elvis

reformations are hilarious, some work some don't, some smack of desperation, some are actually quite cool.

the only two reformations i can think of that would either be majestic or completely tragic and vagualy interesting are the smiths and the stone roses. faith no more were an adequate band, no more no less.

Faith No More were great but Album of the Year was extremely patchy. With all else Mike Patton has going on this seems bizarre and I really wish they would reconsider as a bad idea. The Stone Roses reforming would be dreadful as well. As would The Smiths. Too much time has passed in both instances.

that was my point but it would be interesting i think! i think a lot of bands reform when they run of money and get a bit desperate!

that was my point but it would be interesting i think! i think a lot of bands reform when they run of money and get a bit desperate!

True, but Ian Brown does OK for himself despite his chaotic vocal abilities, Mani has been with Primal Scream now longer than he was in the Roses I would think, to me that reformation would be a case of trying to come back and show the young whippersnappers how it's done by one of the original 'lad's together' bands and I think it would fail miserably now that 20 years have passed since their debut album - coming back to play a show that could well fall into the shite part of their spectrum would be a massive anti-climax. Seen the Blackpool live vid? That was supposedly one of their high points and my God it's awful....

I'm quite a big fan of FNM and have never seen them live so i'd be chuffed if they did a big tour and played Glasgow or something. Probably won't happen like, but hey.

I think they're only going to do festivals. Will be interesting to see what they do.

I was lucky enough to catch them twice at the Barrowlands and the Arches. My ears are still ringing.

Hope to see them at least a couple of times if I can. I was lucky enough to see them first time round as well, but happy to see them back even if only for a brief time!

Don't think Patton is desperate for cash he has so many music projects on the go including film scores and has dipped his toe into the acting world as well which was very well received.

Hope to see them at least a couple of times if I can. I was lucky enough to see them first time round as well, but happy to see them back even if only for a brief time!

Don't think Patton is desperate for cash he has so many music projects on the go including film scores and has dipped his toe into the acting world as well which was very well received.

I don't know about Patton being well off, the acting roles he's had have been in incredibly small films, and the majority of his projects will still sell in the thousands, as opposed to tens of thousands. Even bands like Fantomas are still playing smallish venues like the Garage in Glasgow.

We are ecstatic to be able to confirm that our third and final headliner for this year's festival will be the hugely influential and pioneering American rock band FAITH NO MORE. They join Slipknot and Def Leppard as headliners for Download, taking place 12-14 June.

Following a wealth of rumours and speculation, the band confirmed last week that they would be reuniting, 11 years after they famously called it a day in April 1998. Faith No Mores appearance at Download 2009 will be their ONLY UK date this year.

A statement from the band confirmed that they are still young and strong enough to deliver a kickass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff.... BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!

A favourite of Metallica and Guns N Roses, Faith No More are largely responsible for the rap/rock crossover blueprint and for influencing many of the nu-metal bands of the 90s, including Linkin Park, Korn and Limp Bizkit; the latter two will also play this years Download.

Live Nation VP of Promotions Andy Copping says of the news, FAITH NO MORE were the band that started the whole alternative music scene. To have them play for the first time in eleven years exclusively at Download is amazing! They had so many huge hits, I can't wait to see the set list - "We Care A Lot", "From Out Of Nowhere", "Epic", "Falling To Pieces", "Midlife Crisis", "A Small Victory", "Digging The Grave"; not forgetting their awesome covers of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and The Commodores "Easy". They are one of my favourite bands of all time and being able to see them headline at Donington will be unbelievable. This is like the second coming of Christ!

Kerrang! magazine's editor, Paul Brannigan, echoed these sentiments: Faith No More were not only one of the great rock bands of the 90s, but also one of the greatest rock bands ever. A hugely entertaining thorn in the side of mainstream rock throughout their 17 year history, the bands unique, eclectic and uncategorisable sound has been a massive influence on every forward-thinking rock band of the past 20 years and their return is a huge cause for great celebration. I couldnt be more thrilled that theyre back.