aberdeen-music

Slanted & Enchanted #4 - ERRORS! Sat 25th April

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked gofaster out. They seem pretty exciting. Apparently they got their name from the Geri Halliwell live favourite and hit single "Scream if you wanna go faster"

Is there still an afterparty dealy at Moshulu?

Guest idol_wild

I think my head just stopped hurting.

Pretty good night all in all. Lovely to see The Tunnels with a couple of hundred people in it, enjoying the music. Errors were on pretty good form and I think they really suited the venue and vice versa.

Thanks for coming, yo.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I think my head just stopped hurting.

Pretty good night all in all. Lovely to see The Tunnels with a couple of hundred people in it, enjoying the music. Errors were on pretty good form and I think they really suited the venue and vice versa.

Thanks for coming, yo.

Nice one Phil - glad this went well!

Disappointed I didn't make it - wasn't in Aberdeen unfortunately.

Guest idol_wild
I enjoyed Errors a lot. The other two bands wernae really my thing though.

Nice one Phillip.

Cheers minz. I'm glad you've eventually been swayed by Errors over time and patience - I remember you saying a while back that you weren't convinced, but I think they're a band really worth keeping an eye on. I remember about 4/5 years ago getting excited about their EP when it came in to One Up and the album is a corker. Ace live band to boot, especially the drummer. Ooocha.

I really enjoyed Errors, album now ordered. Banter wise, particularly enjoyed the speccy guy totally ripping it out of someone who tried to be smart about their album release.

Gofaster or whatever - couldn't really fault their ability or enthusiasm but I'm so bored of bands playing that sort of music. It's all very clever and all, but sometimes I just want to see a band who can come up with a straightforward song that reels you in via a decent melodic hook or whatever.

Mitchell Museum outstayed their welcome for at least 3 songs for me, seemed to be particularly in awe of themselves for some reason.

All in all, good night Philip, hopefully I can make the next one as well.

I meant to go to this (even had a reminder in my phone that said 'GO TO TUNNELS') but I ended up in the Moorings watching Son Henry.

My bad.

You could have had a free ticket as my mate didnae come.

Agree with mitchell museum playingto long but enjoyable enough.

Go faster were great, reminded me slightly of dartz!,great tunes

Good night all round. Errors were in excellent form. Sound guy knew exactly what he was doing with them. That band do have quite a dependence on the drummer. Without his interesting little bits and bobs, I do wonder if they would just sound like an average electro outfit. Who cares - as they stand, they really are worth catching live.

Go faster had their moments but Mitchell Museum did not really reel me in.

Phil has an ace brand now - really recognisable through the bills/genre's that he's looking to promote, the posters he puts together and the inclusion of some very nice visuals. They really helped bring the club night some identity.

As added testimony, I'll be attending the sunday Slanted gig and I'm not even sure if I'll check out the bands playing beforehand.