aberdeen-music

Slanted & Enchanted #4 - ERRORS! Sat 25th April

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Glasgow's magnificent ERRORS will be playing The Tunnels on 25th April 2009.

ERRORS

ERRORS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Errors is a post-electro band from Glasgow, Scotland. Formed in 2004 by Simon Ward, Stephen Livingstone and Greg Paterson, on the back of a 3 track demo recorded in Simons bedroom the band quickly set about making a name for themselves in their hometown with their unique take on Electro. Errors merged spiky new-wave guitars with deep bass-y Acid sounds with a knack for melody and pop hooks beyond their years. The band were soon taken under the wing of Mogwai who signed them to their Rock Action label alongside the likes of Part Chimp and James Orr Complex.

Their first 7 for the label Hans Herman sold out of its limited pressing quickly and highlighted the band as ones to watch. The band followed up the success of their debut single with the release of the How Clean Is Your Acid House? EP a record that saw Errors raise the bar in terms of ambition and scope with the opening track Mr. Milk becoming a signature tune for the band and brought them to the attention of the mainstream media with support for the record coming from DJs like Zane Lowe, John Kennedy and Vic Galloway along with sessions at Maida Vale for Mary Ann Hobbes, Rob Da Bank and Huw Stephens.

Following the release of the How Clean EP the trio became a four piece, inviting long time friend and collaborator James Hamilton (ex-Multiplies/ex-Dananananaykroyd) to join the group as a permanent member. Having contributed drums to the Hans Herman single and also tracks on the How Clean EP as well as occasional live appearances the step up from three to four piece seemed a natural progression and added a whole new dynamic and focus to the bands live performance.

In 2007 the band set about work on their debut album with Mogwais John Cummings. Resolving not to fall into the trap of repeating themselves Errors decided that the LP would consist entirely of new material and would be, in their eyes, a proper album in contrast to a simple collection of the songs they had in their catalogue so far, a move that would raise eyebrows when the final tracklisting was announced with the ommission of favourites like Mr. Milk, Hans Herman and Terror Tricks. With their ideas in place they set about writing, re-writing, editing and re-writing again until they had managed to sculpt a record that matched their ambition. A limited 7 release of Salut! France gave a brief taster of what to expect and gathered support from DJs, indie kids and music press across the board.

Their releases to date caught the attention of dance legends Underworld who invited the band to join them on a UK tour and presented an ideal opportunity to test out new material and works-in-progress to a brand new audience, with formative versions of Toes and National Prism being given live debuts. A period of recording, mixing, re-recording and remixing followed before finally in June 2008 Its Not Something But It Is Like Whatever was released. A flippant, nonsensical title that manages to embody everything thats great about Errors. Its a record not only drawing on the unique sound that has become their signature, but builds on it; a merge of angular guitars, spiraling, euphoric synths and informed dance sounds underpinned by truly mesmerising beats and rhythms not to mention a memorable cameo from Oxford based diseuse George Pringle Its Not Something is an expansive, ambitious, genre-defying piece of work. Zig-zagging from Math-rock to post-rock via Acid-House and Drone, Errors have managed to take on entire genres and in doing so, create one of their own.

SATURDAY 25th APRIL

THE TUNNELS

8PM

Advance tickets available here:

WeGotTickets - Your Online Box Office - SLANTED & ENCHANTED PRESENTS: ERRORS

These will probably go really quickly. I suggest you hurry!

Ace supports have been invited, so I am just awaiting confirmation from both of them. Details of these will be announced in due course. Artwork will be released in due course also.

Facebook event page here (invite all your friends): Login | Facebook

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Any tickets likely to be in OneUp?

Get paid on friday, so will have to wait till then...

Yeah, thing is - the online ticketing scheme works without the need for an actual ticket to be printed (I believe the customer gets a reference number, which they then present at the gig) so the tickets I submit to One Up will have to be printed elsewhere, with holograms and all that first. Though I may do a batch of unique tickets myself; try to avoid duplication, etc.

But yeah, I shall put the word out once tickets are in One Up :up:

Yeah, thing is - the online ticketing scheme works without the need for an actual ticket to be printed (I believe the customer gets a reference number, which they then present at the gig) so the tickets I submit to One Up will have to be printed elsewhere, with holograms and all that first. Though I may do a batch of unique tickets myself; try to avoid duplication, etc.

But yeah, I shall put the word out once tickets are in One Up :up:

Jings crivvens!! I struggle to remember my phone number, let alone a reference number!

I'll give it a whirl though on friday :up:

Guest idol_wild
Tickets Bought for me+1.

Bloody long reference number!! Bloody booking fee!!

Better be a bloody good night ;)

I think most people will be suitably happy with the whole line-up once it's confirmed. And feel it's value for money, too. :up:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild

LINE-UP CONFIRMATION

The main support will be provided by Liverpool's phenomonal goFASTER>>!

goFASTER >> on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I have been listening to this band for a number of months now and I am delighted to get them up to Aberdeen to add to this bill.

"The most exciting band to come out of Liverpool in the last year." - Gigwise.com

As long as bands are willing to experiment in this way we'll all have a rosy future" - Artrocker (Single of the week 11/02/08)

"Brilliant new wave punk" - NME

"Enough musicianship and wit to excite even well-exercised lugholes. We predict goFASTER>> will goFAR>>" - The Fly

"Leading a charge of new bands that together are saying more about Liverpool in 2008 than a million botched Mathew Street festivals ever could" - High Voltage

"One of the best, spine-chillingly brilliant pop bands we've had the pleasure of hearing in ages" - Neu Magazine

The best guitar-stroke-pop-stroke-fun band possibly ever!" - Rocklouder.co.uk

"Songs that need to be played to fans jumping around and losing shoes in a sweaty dive, because these are true party-starting anthems - Glasswerk.co.uk

"When I first heard 'You better watch out", I splegged all over myself..."

- Graeme from ARMS AT LAST

I can perhaps relate to that last comment. Ridiculously amazing song.

Opening up proceedings on the night will be up-and-coming Glaswegians, Mitchell Museum.

mitchell museum on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

A nice review by Sleepwalking Magazine:

The first time I heard Mitchell Museum I felt like a metaphoric baseball bat had hit me in the face.

Let me set the scene, we are on a moving train and in one carriage, we have Super Furry Animals, Oppenheimer, Grandaddy and Flaming Lips. They are having a jamming session, this my friends is the greatest musical orgy ever and it is encapsulated in one band, Mitchell Museum.

Take The Tongue Out is a fast paced and irregularly brilliant track. It is psychedelic enough to make you curious and upbeat enough to make your heart race with excitement.

Warning Bells was previously released and grabbed the attention of listeners, including BBC Radio 6s Steve Lamaq and Mark Riley. This was one of my most underrated tracks of last year, one of the reasons being it is as bold as singing your national anthem.

Mitchell Museum are one of my personal tips for 2009, Scotland is in for a hypnotic trip and I have booked first class for this ride. This band are going to blow your beautiful little minds.

Mitchell Museum | SleepWalKing

Give me a "yas"!

YAS!

Give me a "min"!

MIN!

What does that spell?

YAS MIN!

Guest idol_wild
this shall be a belter :]

good times on getting mitchell museum up for it too.

man they are good :D

Fuckin' A.

I've been listening to Mitchell Museum tons lately. Managed by that lovely fella Chris from De Rosa too actually. ROCK FACT.

Guest idol_wild
I'm tempted to give you negative rep points for this bit Phil :up:

What!? You mean you never imagined me with a blonde wig on and a cheerleading outfit, kicking out my legs whilst I hollered it?

I'm all giddy and excited, what can I say? :D