aberdeen-music

Tags

Frosty Jack

Guest idol_wild
Fair enough, it's a shame, but people were warned. I noticed only yesterday that allegations about a certain local DJ that had already been vetoed on another thread were raised again in tag form so you can't really blame the mods on this one.

I agree with that particular one. And that's why I can understand it to an extent.

I still find the website distinctly less amusing and appealing than it was as a result. To punish us all for a small minority of individuals who perhaps took things too far is a shame. Hopefully there can be a more direct way of policing it with the ability of targeting the individuals responsible for the out of order tagging.

yeah situations like that definately would need to be monitered but surely it wouldnt be that much extra work, its not like this place is like it was a few years back where any thread involving benplaywithmyweapon, stripey or even me at times got out of hand and had to be heavily moderated.

I agree with removing the anonymity of the tags, not least because some of them were great and deserving of rep 8-) Otherwise I agree with removing them, many were amusing but it got tiresome reading "X is a cunt" (and it wasn't just nefarious c) at the bottom of every thread.

Guest idol_wild
I agree with removing the anonymity of the tags, not least because some of them were great and deserving of rep 8-) Otherwise I agree with removing them, many were amusing but it got tiresome reading "X is a cunt" (and it wasn't just nefarious c) at the bottom of every thread.

Well I still feel the tags should be anonymous to us mere mortals. But I think the Gods should maybe possess the ability to see who tagged what, should they not already.

I'll agree with removing them and admit to having made one or two "choice" ones myself but they were largely used by a select few people who can't say certain things to peoples faces and like to think they've gained some sort of one-up-manship over other people. Some of them were funny as shit, others downright unnecessary. They didn't particularly bother me at all as i can give as good as i get.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I'll agree with removing them and admit to having made one or two "choice" ones myself but they were largely used by a select few people who can't say certain things to peoples faces and like to think they've gained some sort of one-up-manship over other people. Some of them were funny as shit, others downright unnecessary. They didn't particularly bother me at all as i can give as good as i get.

I think you are a total cunt.

See. If there were tags, you wouldn't have had to hear that ;)

Guest idol_wild
It annoys me that the main offenders are nice as pie in person but just play up to get internet/scene cred.

Jesus, man. I wouldn't let that annoy you!

I literally developed a stitch from laughing the other night whilst sitting in the living room with my flatmate reading some of the tags.

Haha, i always prefer honesty ;) It annoys me that the main offenders are nice as pie in person but just play up to get internet/scene cred.

Shit. You prefer honesty? I was kidding. Having never met you, it would be very presumptious of me to assume you're a bad person.

That would never happen on these forums...

Shit. You prefer honesty? I was kidding. Having never met you, it would be very presumptious of me to assume you're a bad person.

That would never happen on these forums...

Likewise, as far as i know there is only one person on here that actually doesn't like me and knows me in person and i personally can't understand the reason why as i'm friends with his sister.

Likewise, as far as i know there is only one person on here that actually doesn't like me and knows me in person and i personally can't understand the reason why as i'm fucking his sister.

Can't understand why he wouldn't like you at all...

Haha, i've never been near his sister like that! Maybe i should... ;)

You definitely should. Give him a real reason not to like you.

Nah, i'm not a nasty person so i wouldn't be able to let myself do that :(

maybe he doesnt like you because his thumb is bigger than yours?

OR because he has been trying for years to be "scene" and is trying to round up some fans with his "controversial" posts.

on a completely unrelated note, i was listen to the shield ep last night, its amazing i had forgot how good you guys were.

The Tags feature in vBulletin is, in my opinion, a little immature at the moment. Unfortunately, there is no way that individual tags can be manually moderated and so all we can do as staff is delete the dodgy tags when we spot them (as people can't report on tags either). But even then we can't see who added the tag in the first place in order to punish them.

I found many of the tags to be amusing as well, but at the end of the day that is not why this feature exists. The tags are meant to enhance people's ability to search for specific topics covered in threads and so the tags should only ever contain words or phrases that describe the topic(s) discussed in the thread in question. Very few tags added by people were for this purpose, although we didn't really explain this when they were first switched on admittedly.

Guest idol_wild
Unfortunately, there is no way that individual tags can be manually moderated and so all we can do as staff is delete the dodgy tags when we spot them (as people can't report on tags either). But even then we can't see who added the tag in the first place in order to punish them.

That is a genuine shame. Oh well.

maybe he doesnt like you because his thumb is bigger than yours?

OR because he has been trying for years to be "scene" and is trying to round up some fans with his "controversial" posts.

Trying being the magic word.

He could never stir up any decent shit to save his life, online or offline :up: