aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Public transport to and from Westhill

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on public transport options to Westhill. Like what sort of route the buses take out of the city centre and how much a taxi is (very roughly) from the city centre to the industrial estate.

Im just looking for rough estimates for costs, mainly to make sure I bring enough cash with me to get there and back without a car.

Fun times.

Thanks in advance for any help!

This could be totally wrong given that I'm no longer in Aberdeen, but this is what I've found...

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/X15X17215217tt_120109_Layout1.pdf for timetables.

Fares wise, I would reckon no more than 6 quid return.

No idea about taxis I'm afraid - but given that it's about 10 miles from city centre to town centre, maybe about 20 quid should be fine?

as has been said the 215 is the bus to get. a return is available for 4 if i remember correctly

the bus is available from either the bus station or outside game on union st

i think it is every 15 minutes :)

EDIT: Taxi price would be about 15. Took one from Rosemount to the Holiday Inn on Friday and was charged 15.60

Return is 4.50. Also, if you're going to the Tesco end of the industrial estate, one of the services (X15?) only stops about 10 minutes walk down the road from there.

The X17 is the most regular service and runs something like every 15 minutes (up until about 6pm, then it's every half hour or so). It's about 15 minutes shorter than the 215 too but the routes are different. The 215 goes up Rosemount and The Lang Stracht and then up Hillside in Westhill, while the X17 goes along Queens Road and through Hazlehead and takes a shorter route around Westhill.

It's 4.50, aye.

The X17 is the most regular service and runs something like every 15 minutes (up until about 6pm, then it's every half hour or so). It's about 15 minutes shorter than the 215 too but the routes are different. The 215 goes up Rosemount and The Lang Stracht and then up Hillside in Westhill, while the X17 goes along Queens Road and through Hazlehead and takes a shorter route around Westhill.

It's 4.50, aye.

Ta muchly!

That's the other thing I was looking for :)