aberdeen-music

2 x Alesis ADAT blackface 8 track recorders

threeornothing

I am selling two Alesis ADAT classic blackface 8 track digital multitrack recorders. These are standalone units and require external mixer etc. These are the best ADAT machines produced in terms of AD converters. If you buy my sound card this is a perfect (albeit spacey) way of lightpiping eight channels into the soundcard. I don't know how much life these have left in them, but they are both in good working order, I will get a head hour count when I next home, but I am only looking for 50 each for these, total bargain. A serious piece of kit, and handy for anyone who has a soundcard with ADAT input and wants a cheap outboard converter.

Both of these can be sync'd together to run as a 16 track, but I don't have the cable for this. I will also chuck in a tape or two.

ADAT.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Keilan

Have you still got the machines?

if so I might be interested in one - depending on the headhours and such really. So if you havent already sold 'em then could ya tell me the head-hour reading and the service history if possible?

Dunno exactly how a transaction might work, as despite the fact this is `aberdeen-music` I live about 8 hours from your location - so cash on collection just wouldnt work. Possibly some kinda paypal/postage arrangement could be made :S; no worries if it's too much hassle though.

Josh

hey man, i've got an alesis IO14. If i wanted to get extra mic preamps through the interface would i need this. Does it have preamps or would that be on the external mixer?

thanks for any help

With these machines you would really need some kind of extra set of preamps, be it a desk or whatever. To get something with 8 preamps and adat i/o you'd want something like a behringer ada8000. There are alternatives which cost more; but I've owned a pair of those ADA8000s for a while and they are very good for the money - I've had no problems with them.

With these machines you would really need some kind of extra set of preamps, be it a desk or whatever. To get something with 8 preamps and adat i/o you'd want something like a behringer ada8000. There are alternatives which cost more; but I've owned a pair of those ADA8000s for a while and they are very good for the money - I've had no problems with them.

cheers for that man, might invest in a set of them then, look tidy, though i've heard mixed reviews.

Sorry Keilan!

Hey,

Away from home just now...when I am back (end of week) I will fire up the machines and get the head hour counts. Could be quite high, hence the cheap price, one machine was maintained well and came from a mastering studio in London, the other I never used (bought to bring my system up to 16 tracks but stopped doing any recordings around this time due to time/space constraints)