aberdeen-music

sad loss to abdn music scene

dazz howie

Noo!! My dad used to take me to see them when i was younger (hence my name) and he gave me my first proper snare drum when i was 14/15 before i even owned my first kit. (which was eventually nicked by some mink in drummonds).

Yes this guy is one of THEEE nicest you will ever come across.

I really cannot believe this. This is very SAD. :( Does anyone know how??

Noo!! My dad used to take me to see them when i was younger (hence my name) and he gave me my first proper snare drum when i was 14/15 before i even owned my first kit. (which was eventually nicked by some mink in drummonds)

Does anyone know how?? This is very SAD. :(

Agree with Lewis this is awful news.

Actually gutted.

Followed the Shears for years...

My thoughts are with his family & friends also.

As good a drummer and as sought-after a sound man that he was, Kev will be missed more for his personality. Always positive, gracious and supportive of other musicians, he was one of life's participants- never an onlooker.

I wish I'd known him better and longer- one of those rare guys with no detractors at all. How many of us can say the same?

I found out from my folks last night that the funeral is at 11:30 on Thursday for anyone who may want to go. I presume it is at Hazlehead but i never actually asked. If anyone wants to correct me feel free. Thanks

Can anyone confirm this date, time & whereabout's of Kevin's funeral???