aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
dazz howie

sad loss to abdn music scene

guys today i learned that Kev Oliphant had passed away....... formally the drummer of the billy shears band and the alligator haters........if you knew Kev you would know he was one of musics gentlemen ...........Dram for ya Kev

Shame to hear. Thoughts are with his friends and family.

One of my friends sang as a guest in the band when they played the forum last year. It was a great show.

Noo!! My dad used to take me to see them when i was younger (hence my name) and he gave me my first proper snare drum when i was 14/15 before i even owned my first kit. (which was eventually nicked by some mink in drummonds).

Yes this guy is one of THEEE nicest you will ever come across.

I really cannot believe this. This is very SAD. :( Does anyone know how??

Noo!! My dad used to take me to see them when i was younger (hence my name) and he gave me my first proper snare drum when i was 14/15 before i even owned my first kit. (which was eventually nicked by some mink in drummonds)

Does anyone know how?? This is very SAD. :(

Agree with Lewis this is awful news.

Actually gutted.

Followed the Shears for years...

My thoughts are with his family & friends also.

A genuinely nice guy that will be sadly missed. R.I.P Kev.

He was a lovely guy, always up for a blether, be it about, work, life, music gear or just anything. Total dude.

" One of Music's Gentlemen" just about sums Kevin up, a fine drummer and sound man and good at just about anything else, I'm proud to say he was a friend of mine and his passing will leave a massive gap in local music scene.

RIP Kevin

" One of Music's Gentlemen" just about sums Kevin up, a fine drummer and sound man and good at just about anything else, I'm proud to say he was a friend of mine and his passing will leave a massive gap in local music scene.

RIP Kevin

yeah, RIP kev, will miss all the gear chats with him. =(

As good a drummer and as sought-after a sound man that he was, Kev will be missed more for his personality. Always positive, gracious and supportive of other musicians, he was one of life's participants- never an onlooker.

I wish I'd known him better and longer- one of those rare guys with no detractors at all. How many of us can say the same?

Still in shock about this. We last saw him on saturday at the lemon tree, and he was typical Kev, totally upbeat and smiling. Really going to miss him, he's one of a kind.

Thank you for all your kind words guys - I came home from work on Monday to find that Kev had simply not woken up. Don't know what happened yet - waiting on word from medical examiner which will obviously delay his funeral somewhat.

Fi

(Mrs Kev)

Kev

I agree with everything said so far. Kevin was one of life's good guys and as a fellow drummer was ALWAYS keen to speak about drums, skins, sticks etc. Condolences to friends, bandmates and family

Best regards

Colin Fraser

I found out from my folks last night that the funeral is at 11:30 on Thursday for anyone who may want to go. I presume it is at Hazlehead but i never actually asked. If anyone wants to correct me feel free. Thanks

I still can't believe that this is true, thoughts with his family and his many friends and fellow/ex fellow band members. I for one felt honoured to play along side him.

I found out from my folks last night that the funeral is at 11:30 on Thursday for anyone who may want to go. I presume it is at Hazlehead but i never actually asked. If anyone wants to correct me feel free. Thanks

Can anyone confirm this date, time & whereabout's of Kevin's funeral???

Just a reminder that Kevs funeral is at 1145 am tomorrow .

I'll miss Kev he was one of the good guys .

Anyone know exactly where the west chapel is?

Google maps seems to throw up Aberdeen Crematorium being in two possible locations.