BLUES DELUXE CD LAUNCH @ Malt Mill

Rainus5

THE BAND

Andi Watson (Guitars)

Colin Fraser (Drums)

Paul Mackie (Vocals)

Fraz Clark (Bass)

THE HISTORY

Blues Deluxe hail from Aberdeen, and formed in the summer of 2008, through Andi taking action on a long standing idea to form a Blues band. The 4 members have a vast wealth of experience between them from recording and playing live (locally, nationally and internationally) in many different bands over the last 20 years. From the very first rehearsal the band realised that they had something extra special, and since then have gone from strength to strength, building up a reputation as one of the top live acts in the area today.

THE MUSIC

The premise of Blues Deluxe is simple: Take the best of Blues, and try to make it better. They cover a wide range of well known (and lesser known) Blues tunes, old and new - from the old classic artists such as BB King and Freddie King, guitar legends such as Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix, to modern styles such as Gary Moore and Joe Bonamasa - and on all of these they put their own stamp. The result is a full bodied, rocking, dynamic sound which never fails to impress.....

THE LIVE CD AND THE LAUNCH

In December 2008, Blues Deluxe went into the studio and recorded a CD, absolutely live (no overdubs), which was completed in one afternoon. The band will be launching the CD at the malt Mill on Sat 28th March. Support on the night is provided by Headrush.

Free entry.

FOR MORE DETAILS

Untitled

Will the boys in the band sign my copy of the CD ??

I reckon its as good a bunch blues tunes as I've heard since Rory Gallagher was in his prime.

And I mean that !

(b)

Stuart

They will def sign it if you ask... Ask Andi- it'll be highly amusing (for me to watch) :)

Just joking... it should be a really good night!