aberdeen-music

Outcry Collective + support @ Cafe Drummonds 03/03

Inkster

Nitrogen Promotions Present

Outcry Collective

Escape 2 Victory

Dividing The Silence

The Aftermath

Outcry Collective were last seen in Aberdeen supporting Maylene and the Sons of Disaster and A Day To Remember. Signed to Visible Noise (Lostprophets, Your Demise) the band are looking to build on a productive 07 and 08, which seen them tour with bands like The Computers, Flood Of Red and Young Guns as well as supporting Fucked Up.

They are currently on tour with Blackhole who unfortunately couldn't make it to Scotland and then follow up this tour playing with This Is Hell and at the Dark Days Festival.

3.5 from Big Cheese for their debut EP "Pay-Per-View-Love" as well as Ones To Watch in Rocksound.

outcry collective (ON TOUR!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Local support from Escape 2 Victory, Dividing The Silence and The Aftermath.

Escape To Victory on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Dividing The Silence on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Aftermath on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Outcry_Blackhole-2.jpg

My first post here!

I attended the gig and it was a good one but it had some big flaws I believe in the first two acts. It may come across harsh as I genuinelly feel it's the best way to constructively portray my dismay at some aspects of certain bands sets, but check out my review.

Daily Dischord

Just to formally introduce myself, I'm Liam Spencer, stay in Peterhead, run the website Daily Dischord and plan to cover a lot more Aberdeen bands on the site to help promote them around the UK and the USA rather than just Scotland! If bands have demo's or want me to attend a gig, email me at liam[at]dailydischord[dot]com.

Escape To Victory, by the way, were seriously impressive!

My first post here!

I attended the gig and it was a good one but it had some big flaws I believe in the first two acts. It may come across harsh as I genuinelly feel it's the best way to constructively portray my dismay at some aspects of certain bands sets, but check out my review.

Daily Dischord

Just to formally introduce myself, I'm Liam Spencer, stay in Peterhead, run the website Daily Dischord and plan to cover a lot more Aberdeen bands on the site to help promote them around the UK and the USA rather than just Scotland! If bands have demo's or want me to attend a gig, email me at liam[at]dailydischord[dot]com.

No offence and understand that I'm fully supportive of any form of local Music review/promotion but seriously... some of the writing in that review is pretty woeful. It's not so much the ideas but rather the phrasing and syntax that is off-putting. Edit a bit before publishing.

I would love to consult your site regularly to keep up with Aberdeen gigs but not if the reviews are all like that.

3/5

My first post here!

Daily Dischord

I thought your review was great! 4/5

Cheers

No offence and understand that I'm fully supportive of any form of local Music review/promotion but seriously... some of the writing in that review is pretty woeful. It's not so much the ideas but rather the phrasing and syntax that is off-putting. Edit a bit before publishing.

I would love to consult your site regularly to keep up with Aberdeen gigs but not if the reviews are all like that.

3/5

The review was edited, but I left it as a big read because I felt their was a fair amount to be said about the evening. Also, we are not a local website. We are national, hence why we are looking to delve into the local scenes of many cities around the UK but absolutely no way will I compromise our integrity by rating a band any higher than I believe they deserve.

Pre-sales were at 45 for the night and overall turnout was about 65 in the end. Dunno where you got 30 from unless you counted all the people in the room between bands?!

I never counted, this is a mere estimation.

Yeah, felt the whole review could have been shortened a whole heap and talk of "da scene" was a big turn off.

Never heard of the website before and looks like its been on the go a while too.

No talk of "da scene". Just pisses me off that people pay for an evening entertainment then decide to leave once the first support bands play without even giving the headliners a chance. Once again, honesty comes number one with me, and I find it quite poor that people can't stick around to watch what they actually paid for.

I thought your review was great! 4/5

Cheers

Thanks man. Your set was fantastic. It's just too bad some people never stayed to even check you out. I'll be at your next gig if I can make it.

Perhaps instead of estimating you should've asked the promoter?! Only a suggestion...

I was writing a review on the gig, not on the turnout. The point is, it was generally small. I wasn't going to go through the trouble of emailing the promoter just for numbers, when the effect in reading it would have been the same.

I can't believe I'm justifying this...

Dude, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone.

You've gone to the effort of creating a pretty impressive website that has a decent variety of gigs. You put the effort in to do it, if they think they can do better then why don't people submit their own reviews instead of becoming review critics.

Inkster cheers for the gig was decent night. Only thing i agree with that this guy was touching on is that the 1st 2 bands brought quite a few people to watch them who didn't stay for outcry collective, which was a shame because they were decent. They pretty much paid 4 quid not to see the best band of the night. But last buses etc could account for this and at the end of the day people can do what they want. So even though there was quite a few people through the door, because people came and left in between bands it made the place seem quieter than it actually was.

And Liam you can check us out by looking at our gig list here;

Escape To Victory on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

National, local or otherwise, the reviews ain't that great: End of story. If i I fancied publishing a Music based website to the world I would have done so and would have taken criticism on the chin. Anybody launching anything into the public domain should be prepared to do the same. Just because someone's "gone to the effort" to do something, doesn't make it great.

But then again, don't mind me and my small-town attitude. I just don't see the bigger picture.

but absolutely no way will I compromise our integrity by rating a band any higher than I believe they deserve..

I couldn't care less about how much you rate a particular band. That's completely subjective and good on you for giving a shit mark where a shit mark is due. My point was more directed at the writing style which has made me, and I'm sure plenty others, unlikely to re-visit your site.

I'm all for taking criticism on the chin, but if you would like to PM me or even leave a message here going in to just that little bit more detail then I would appreciae it, because you haven't actually put forth your criticism constructively.

If you wish not to check the site out based on one review, then that's fine. Each to their own.

It always sucks when people pay money just to see their mates and then leave, which is why E2V went on last but I doubted their crowd would've said the afore mentioned anyways.

People can do what they like since they've paid their money but I'm in the camp of seeing all what I've paid for.

It always sucks when people pay money just to see their mates and then leave, which is why E2V went on last but I doubted their crowd would've said the afore mentioned anyways.

People can do what they like since they've paid their money but I'm in the camp of seeing all what I've paid for.

inkster i think you are forgetting that we have no mates, we live sad and lonley lives. and a good gig is the only reason we leave the house, cheers for a great night

and cheers to liam for what i believe is a good and constructive reveiw

inkster i think you are forgetting that we have no mates, we live sad and lonley lives. and a good gig is the only reason we leave the house, cheers for a great night

and cheers to liam for what i believe is a good and constructive reveiw

Should you not be bumping up our future gig on the next page then this one that's already happened :p