aberdeen-music

Fat Goth

Uncle Fritz

We should hopefully have an answer with regards to downloads at the start of next week. I'll post something up here and the myspace page when we do!

Robert Smith wasn't in mind when we came up with the name, although you would be forgiven for thinking so. The Cure is a great band regardless.

Cheers for all the postive feedback peeps! Really glad it's floating your metaphorical boats.

We should hopefully have an answer with regards to downloads at the start of next week. I'll post something up here and the myspace page when we do!

Robert Smith wasn't in mind when we came up with the name, although you would be forgiven for thinking so. The Cure is a great band regardless.

Cheers for all the postive feedback peeps! Really glad it's floating your metaphorical boats.

The Cure are ace bur Fat Boab really needs to ditch the bird's nest hair and make up, he looks increasingly like one of those slightly unhinged ageing drunk women you come across in the Criterion bar at 9am.

I like the name, I think it's quite funny but it reminds me of when I used to listen to Ricky Gervais' show on XFM. They had a 'feature' where people sent in their band names and they put echo effects and crowd noise on and pretended to announce the band onto the stage as if it was a huge arena. It just made almost all band names sound ridiculous and therefore unlikely to ever get 'famous'.

'Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome to the stage... The Paperclips!'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i never log on to this site anymore, as for the past few years i've been living pretty far from aberdeen. somehow i got redirected back to this thread though and listened to your new ep/single thing.

it's awesome! i wish you guys were from aberdeen so that i could say you were the best band to come out of aberdeen in the last 10 years. nevermind though.

oh well. any chance of a copy of "death by cricket bat"? i can't even remember how it goes, just remembering that it was amazing. why didn't i download it?

Hey man. Thanks very much indeed for the feedback and glad to hear you like the tunes! Our bass player, Allan leaves to go on a year-long trip to Australia at the end of March so Fat Goth will have to go on hiatus. We're hoping to squeeze in one more recording session before he goes, although Death By Cricket Bat isn't on the list of tunes we're planning on documenting. However, if we manage to book some studio time I'll try to record some demos of the older stuff during our rehearsals and throw them up on the bandcamp page too. I'll keep you posted and many thanks again!

• 2 months later...