aberdeen-music

Student in need of a job

Kaizen

Hey everyone. Just wondering if someone could give me any ideas here. I've been job hunting for a while now, but it's proving difficult as I go home to Edinburgh for uni holidays and every 4th or 5th weekend. I've tried asking around at bars and clubs to see if anyones looking for PR staff, but no ones interested.

Any help would be appriciated. And please no mentions of the docks on a saturday night... =P

x

You could try the AECC- you book when you want to work and the pay is apparently very reasonable. Here's a link:

Seasonal Jobs Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC)

Although the only 2 options there are kitchen and waitron, there's always bar work available at gigs- I know a good few people who've worked there on and off for years and it sounds bearable.

Whats this space kitchens all about? I am pretty desperate... lol. I'll get in touch with the AECC actually. Sounds pretty ideal.

And Old Gold, theres no need to make it sound like I'm being a bloody layabout and that I'm choosing not to do any work... I'm quite happy to work any time i'm not at uni and I have to go home as often as i can for family reaons... So less of the "goddamn tax dodgers fucking off at weekends so they dont have to work" crap aye?

x

And Old Gold, theres no need to make it sound like I'm being a bloody layabout and that I'm choosing not to do any work... I'm quite happy to work any time i'm not at uni and I have to go home as often as i can for family reaons... So less of the "goddamn tax dodgers fucking off at weekends so they dont have to work" crap aye?

x

I implied no such thing. I don't know what your circumstances are, but not being able to work weekends regularly will be quite a handicap regardless.

I implied no such thing. I don't know what your circumstances are, but not being able to work weekends regularly will be quite a handicap regardless.

I am well aware of this. That's why i wrote it in my original post. I don't need it reiterated to me in a slightly more offensive way thanks very much...

I am well aware of this. That's why i wrote it in my original post. I don't need it reiterated to me in a slightly more offensive way thanks very much...

The use of "fucking" was in the verb construct "fucking off" which simply means "to go away somewhere" and did not seem to be personally directed at you. If you're offended by that then you're probably thinking too much. No mention of "tax-dodging", "layabout" or other derogatory student references were made until you made them yourself.

The poster you seem to be in dispute with also made a suggestion. That seems pretty positive to me. I think you're overreacting. You may feel persecuted but believe me, not everyone is out to get you. I for one simply don't have time to perform much more than this attempt at conciliation.

The use of "fucking" was in the verb construct "fucking off" which simply means "to go away somewhere" and did not seem to be personally directed at you. If you're offended by that then you're probably thinking too much. No mention of "tax-dodging", "layabout" or other derogatory student references were made until you made them yourself.

The poster you seem to be in dispute with also made a suggestion. That seems pretty positive to me. I think you're overreacting. You may feel persecuted but believe me, not everyone is out to get you. I for one simply don't have time to perform much more than this attempt at conciliation.

Ooooooooh, get you :D

I did a few shifts with the AECC. You pick and choose whenever you work and the pay is decent enough. Just make sure your first shift with them isn't something as huge as the Oil Baron's Ball. 5.30pm-12am running around after oil industry big-wigs (never used that phrase before in my life) without a break, then not finishing 'til about 3am. Ouch.

You could try looking up those text answer services like AQA ect. I'm pretty sure they pay about 8 an hour for you to sit typing things into google. You can work from home/in your own time ect.

That does sound ace... Apparently they pay you per question answered. They arn't looking for uk based "researchers" at the mo =( I'll keep an eye out for that one though!

x