aberdeen-music

Lead guitarist available for "Country"

Country Thang

What country bands/players are out there are probably unaware that this site even exists.

What do you mean by 'top flight' anyway.....?

Experienced ? Technical ? Committed ?

In my experience 'top flight' players don't regrd themselves as such....those that aren't generally do.

By top flight I mean guys who can actually play better than a complete beginner.

I have wasted so much time with guys who "think" they can play but in reality are nowhere near the standard to entertain properly. Bedroom players generally end up staying in the bedroom, players on the other hand entertain.

By top flight I mean guys who can actually play better than a complete beginner.

I have wasted so much time with guys who "think" they can play but in reality are nowhere near the standard to entertain properly. Bedroom players generally end up staying in the bedroom, players on the other hand entertain.

So what you're saying is that there is only Beginners or Top flight players, nothing in between? What a load of poopding!

So what you're saying is that there is only Beginners or Top flight players, nothing in between? What a load of poopding!

No that's not what I'm saying. If you read my response it is blatantly obvious what I'm saying. Intelligence is also required by the way.

Best you stay away from Oasis lovers then. Eh ST?

:headbang:

Thats pretty much full of arrogance. Your pretty much implying you have an ego and are in the standard to entertain properly. Bedroom players end up staying in the bedroom??? I think at one point every musician was a bedroom player, Usually when they first picked up the instrument. Name me one player that instantly entertained and didnt start as a bedroom player.

Most of a musician's playing time is spent in practise whether beginner or top flight or somewhere in between. Presumably its ok to do this in the kitchen, living room, etc. just not in the bedroom or you're in mortal danger of never being seen or heard of again....

In all fairness I think all Mr.Scotland wants is a few people to play with who have some experience and can play a bit rather than complete beginners (?). The wording just makes it sound too exclusive and arsey.

Most of a musician's playing time is spent in practise whether beginner or top flight or somewhere in between. Presumably its ok to do this in the kitchen, living room, etc. just not in the bedroom or you're in mortal danger of never being seen or heard of again....

In all fairness I think all Mr.Scotland wants is a few people to play with who have some experience and can play a bit rather than complete beginners (?). The wording just makes it sound too exclusive and arsey.

Baz you're my hero mate. At last some sense spoken on the AMF :up:

I never see any adverts here for Country band members. I'm an experienced lead guitarist looking for a position in a Country band. I'll play all kinds of Country from standards to New American. I have all mw own gear and transport.

Anybody looking to start a band...duo...trio ?

We are a rock and roll band that is looking to do more country if interested please email at alvisrocks@hotmail.co.uk. Cheers

Exactly right, thank you. I have had so much time wasted by "experienced" players who turn out to be as inexperienced as possible and with little or no talent or dedication.

Thats pretty much full of arrogance. Your pretty much implying you have an ego and are in the standard to entertain properly. Bedroom players end up staying in the bedroom??? I think at one point every musician was a bedroom player, Usually when they first picked up the instrument. Name me one player that instantly entertained and didnt start as a bedroom player.

well bri i never........... i just woke up one day and picked up a bass and by afternoon you know the rest i had to wait foryou and tunk to catch up lol fkn bedroom players

well bri i never........... i just woke up one day and picked up a bass and by afternoon you know the rest i had to wait foryou and tunk to catch up lol fkn bedroom players

For a man who's recently been 'lashed' by his girlfriend you show a dangerous lack of humility son 8-)

yeah exactly, he isnt saying he is the dogs bollocks and so must everyone else be, he would just rather play with people who generally know what they are doing, im the same, nothing more frustrating than playing with people who generally are rubbish.

• 4 weeks later...
I never see any adverts here for Country band members. I'm an experienced lead guitarist looking for a position in a Country band. I'll play all kinds of Country from standards to New American. I have all mw own gear and transport.

Anybody looking to start a band...duo...trio ?

Hi,

I'm keen on country stuff too. I'm nae as good as Albert Lee or James Burton, but gel with their style of playing. I also do mandolin and bass. Have ample gear and telecasters!

Alan

Mr Scotland,

You live far too far away for me to get interested, though I do like a bit of country now and again. Oh now it looks like I'm not intersted, which is not true, so rather than be classed as not interested, I'll for the "I can't play a note" option. Which would be worse, not interested, or can't really play well enough?:popcorn:

• 3 weeks later...