aberdeen-music

Lofi Studios Glasgow

Aaron_Robertson

Don't quote me on this but I think Indian Red Lopez recorded there. It does look pretty sweet and pretty reasonably priced for what you get to use. I'd love to have a TL Audio desk! I think they look lovely. Not had a chance to use one yet but all tube preamps?!? I reckon it'll be pretty tasty sounding.

City Centre, 3hr practice, 26, nice gear and space? That's a keeper. MV still get my vote up here for nice atmosphere, good gear, and well priced. But this is a different kettle of fish (looking at the pics at least).

If it is the place I'm thinking of then I believe the business is owned by one of the guys from Simply Red...but again I might just be getting confused on that one. It certainly has had a lot of money poured into it from somewhere.

Don't quote me on this but I think Indian Red Lopez recorded there. It does look pretty sweet and pretty reasonably priced for what you get to use. I'd love to have a TL Audio desk! I think they look lovely. Not had a chance to use one yet but all tube preamps?!? I reckon it'll be pretty tasty sounding.

City Centre, 3hr practice, 26, nice gear and space? That's a keeper. MV still get my vote up here for nice atmosphere, good gear, and well priced. But this is a different kettle of fish (looking at the pics at least).

If it is the place I'm thinking of then I believe the business is owned by one of the guys from Simply Red...but again I might just be getting confused on that one. It certainly has had a lot of money poured into it from somewhere.

Indian Red Lopez did indeed record there. Not Simply Red, but Simple Minds, close though. The main engineer there is a guy called Bruce Rintoul, really good guy. He is a young engineer but damn he is good. You can listen to the recordings done there on their myspace. I havn't been down to the studios yet but i think they have some rather tasty gear. Neumann, Ampeg ect.

• 4 weeks later...

zac the limpy bastard

yeah guys

I practice there with my band stewed squirrel.

Its ace.The guy who ran it was killed last year run over by a reversing ice cream van.It was bought over by the bass player out of hughie lewis and the news after the guys demisement.He then went on the road with the son of glenn out of glen micheals cavalcade in his band the cheecky monkeys tribute band.Its now run by zac mcsavage junior a one legged jazz trombonist who used to be married to salt out of salt n pepper but the word on the street is she shot him in the leg after a row over a pizza.Dont go there now as zacs a vegetarian and took umbridge at my band name.

yeah guys

I practice there with my band stewed squirrel.

Its ace.The guy who ran it was killed last year run over by a reversing ice cream van.It was bought over by the bass player out of hughie lewis and the news after the guys demisement.He then went on the road with the son of glenn out of glen micheals cavalcade in his band the cheecky monkeys tribute band.Its now run by zac mcsavage junior a one legged jazz trombonist who used to be married to salt out of salt n pepper but the word on the street is she shot him in the leg after a row over a pizza.Dont go there now as zacs a vegetarian and took umbridge at my band name.

.....wtf

that is all