aberdeen-music

Anyone fancy a mexican strat?

Sam 45

I don't play my strat anymore and i want to raise some funds to do up my Squire Tele. So here we have a lovely mex strat for sale. There is a slight chip in the neck by the 5th fret which i have included in the photos. This doesn't effect the playing. Looking for about 200 ONO.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

As you can see. It's rather nice. :up:

Just bought an '02 Mex Strat from here for 230 + 10 for a hard case - from Thornybank, this guitar looks like it's in roughly similar condition, so this sounds like a good deal. The mex I bought has a fantastic sound and is a great player though, well chuffed with it.

Is this a metallic purple/blue colour by the way? Don't think I've seen that shade before..! It's definately a looker!

It's 2003, you can tell by the serial number. (M means mexican, Z means zero ie sometime in the "noughties" and the next digit (3) indicates 2003.

If it was a 97 model it would be MN7xxxxxx etc.

Cheers. 1997 model. Yes it is a metallic blue/purple colour, very nice, only one i've seen like it.

Um, no, your guitar is 2003, I just used 97 as an example. :)

Great deal though, you can't get much better than a real Fender strat for 200. :up:

Haha, i should just start this thread again. 2003 Strat for sale! Feel free to ask above the asking price as it is lovely.

Just to keep your thread bumped, Gibson serial numbers can be worked out using the first and fifth digits, ie if the serial is 0123828 then that would be a 2008 model, the first digit representing the decade (noughties again) and the fifth digit the year. The three digits inbetween will tell you what day it was made (ie the 123rd day of 2008).

Except on Historic reissues, where it is the first digit is the model (for example 4 for a 1954 reissue), the next didgit the year and the rest indicates what number of that model it is that has been built that year ie 41414 would indicate the 414th 1954 reissue built in 2001. :)

• 3 weeks later...