aberdeen-music

the brits

delboy

the whole thing was embarrassing really.

For duffy to get best british album, when the two best british albums by a country mile were frames by oceansize and the hawk is howling by mogwai is just ridiculous.

Not that i was expecting either of those two bands to win because obviously the brits is about pop....but it just gives the public a terrible impression of what actually constitutes good music these days...

Guest Giles Walker
For duffy to get best british album, when the two best british albums by a country mile were frames by oceansize and the hawk is howling by mogwai is just ridiculous.

Man, here was me thinking music taste was subjective and the brits was for pop music.

Man, here was me thinking music taste was subjective and the brits was for pop music.

if you hd read the rest of my post you would have noticed me actyually saying that i kwo the brits are for pop.

My point was just that it really highlights how stupid the brits are and they stand for nothing in terms of good music.

On that note though - are the brits really meant to be just for pop? The brit awards should surely be for all british music...i mean maiden got an award?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
the show used to be so entertaining but now its just so safe n dull n predictable. corden and horne were clearly out of their depth. kylie looked embarrased all the way through.

Credit crunch strikes again I would say...

if you hd read the rest of my post you would have noticed me actyually saying that i kwo the brits are for pop.

My point was just that it really highlights how stupid the brits are and they stand for nothing in terms of good music.

On that note though - are the brits really meant to be just for pop? The brit awards should surely be for all british music...i mean maiden got an award?

I'd rather see a soul music impersonator win awards than a bunch of heads-down-eyes-on-the-effects-pedals post-rockers..

I'd rather see a soul music impersonator win awards than a bunch of heads-down-eyes-on-the-effects-pedals post-rockers..

I was just using mogwai and oceansize as examples of two british albums that by comparsion to duffy are not pish.

For all i care it could have gone to dan le sac vs scroobius pip (also a great album)