aberdeen-music

Venues near Central Belt area but not in Glasgow, anyone know any?

Steven Milne

hey guys

we are going away for a couple of gigs in march time and have a spare day where we would like to play an extra gig.

playing edinburgh 26th march, dunoon 27th march and planned to play glasgow on the 28th and head home Sunday am.

however, the whole of glasgow seems to be booked up or be full of bills that we wouldnt suit - metal line ups, folky line ups etc.

which made me think, there must be venues in other places like Stirling etc that i dont know about that could be an option.

does anyone know about / reccomend any such venues in these kind of areas?

bearing in mind were in dunoon on the saturday morning, so if its on route back to aberdeen - perfect

or even if its a bit of a drive not neccessarily in the right direction, were keen to play as its a shame to have a day free with all our gear and us together and not make the most of it,

failing this, ill just come home and DJ at moshulu - no sweat.

THE LITTLE KICKS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

x

cool

thanks for your help guys

were now waiting on one possible glasgow venue or one of your suggestions above.

failing that then its either do a bit of driving and do newcastle or inverness.

to make things more complicated ive realised i have a flight to london on the sunday (going away for a few days and to see the mighty jonathan richman down there).

so it has to be somewhere i can train back to aberdeen from on the sunday am..

ah, nothing is ever simple in my world and its my own fault.

will get on these suggestions today tho, thanks a lot guys

x

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
dont have any names for you steve, but well worth thinking about fort william (apparently a great gig there!), motherwell (used to have the starka bar and still does the odd thing), livingston and stirling

For Motherwell - check out a band called The Banter Thiefs - they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
twa tams and mucky mulligans do gigs

Twa tams is a cool little venue - was there at the weekend. Where the fuck is Mucky Mulligans though - we looked all round the streets where the guy in the hotel told us it was, but just couldn't find it. Ended up just heading back to the hotel!!

You could maybe try a place called the Tolbooth in Stirling, it is up near the castle and I'm pretty sure they put bands on. The Fubar nightclub also seem to have put on a few bands of late but this may be for larger gigs and may not be a regular thing. Tolbooth may be worth a look though.