aberdeen-music

What should i spend my money on?

framheim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought the 16gb nano. i'm a sucker for design over function, bah. the creative one looked good too though. ah well. it's a nice aberdeen red and i liked the free engraving option.

My first iPod lasted about five years and I've had absolutely no problems with my current one since buying it last year. Go Apple!

i guess ive just been unlucky then. I got a 1st generation one when they came out and it looks like it should be in a museum now. 5 gigs and about three times as thick as the ones you get now. It was a battler and survived two battery replacements back when there was a hoohaa bout them not lasting. Every one since then has died on me including most recently an 80gb video one.

Right ok....

Here's some info Miss Spacey ...(not you Dave..)

FLIGHTS:

Cheap Flights from Aberdeen to Dublin <-- Says something about prices starting at 20

Ryanair.com <-- this link got me there and back for 30

BUSES to glasgow : (What a bazaar debate we are having here)

Turns out i was vastly incorrect.... Megabus.com gives a trip to glasgow on a bus for exactly a tenner! Still... it was 25quid on a bus to London, but 30 quid to fly to and from Dublin.... if i was going away for a couple of days i know how i would travel......

Flight booking, hotels and car hire - easyJet.com <-- Easyjet said it was 34 to fly to London so Megabus is still 10 cheaper to get you to london. (So yes... you were all right and i was wrong about Megabus!!) but still...it's like 9 hours longer in travel time!!! So if time is money your almost paying 90 pence more an hour for 10 hours so you can arrive earlier by plane! Totally worth it though eh?

-M-

Snowboarding lessons. Or i could sell you a nice 80Gb iPod video for 50 bucks.

gah, you shoulda posted earlier sam. i bought a nano. you can keep the suggestions coming, hopefully i'll have more money at some point to spend :)

If you guys all had 100 what would you go and spend it on today?

I'd buy a new DVD player cos mine is broken. Or pay someone to come round and fix my TV ariel (arial? aerial? aeriel?) because it's also broken. It's a pretty dry county round my place in terms of audiovisual entertainment. I've got 5 channels of fuzzy lines, though if you sit far enough back from the screen it's watchable.

Though on the plus side it is forcing me to do things like read, play my guitar and have conversations :up:

I went to London on the megabus once... I'm never, EVER doing that again. 13 hours on a bus = awful.

It's not so bad if you get the overnight one cos you can sleep most of the way. Unless like the last time I went, you get a bunch of pissed up neds getting on in Glasgow that decide to be intentionally noisy as fuck on a completely silent bus to keep everybody awake.

I went to London on the megabus once... I'm never, EVER doing that again. 13 hours on a bus = awful.

Not to be a story topper but I once got a bus from Aberdeen to Salzburg which lasted 36 hours, it was alright though because we had a copy of Topgun on the bus. I also came back the same way so I spent approximately 72 hours sitting on a bus. Then again it did only cost about 30 pounds.