aberdeen-music

What should i spend my money on?

framheim

ok, in an effort to help the economy i have 100 to spend on a treat for myself this month. I can't decide what to buy though. these are my options:

an effects pedal for my guitar, either a delay or a loop pedal

a new mp3 player. my current one is a brick and i quite fancy a new one

photography equipment. I can always use more reflectors for lights or other goodies.

something else entirely

so, i'm stuck. anyone got any good suggestions? any bargains to be had out there just now?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I was going to post something similar, but Phil got there first....................

Fuck it I'll do it anyway!

BOX OFFICE : Productions : Exposure@Lemon Tree

TicketWeb

Or - want to buy my Granny?

i think i want more than 8gb. just checked the apple webstore and the 16gb nano's look pretty good. there's a fetching red one on there.

any non apple suggestions?

iPod Nano would be the obvious choice, it's worth looking at the Sony NWZ-S638F (8gb) and Sony NWZ-S639F (16gb) as well as they have great build quality as well as good sound. They are a little more flexible than iPods as well as they use a drag and drop system with regard to getting music on it as opposed to using a transfer system like iTunes.

I'd say the actual operation of the iPod is easier but i prefer the Sony's myself. I'm still using a 20gb Sony NWHD3 which is about 4 years old now, so that is a good pointer to build quality and the battery life hasn't deteriorated much over that time and i use the thing on a daily basis.

100 quid? You could get a ticket to Dublin and back for the weekend.. and have spending money....

like seriously ... I just found out it's cheaper to fly to london from aberdeen than it is to catch the bus to glasgow! What's that about??

Could you show me a link where a flight to London from Aberdeen is cheaper than a bus to Glasgow please?

I'd also been keen to see this.... especially as the taxes are usually about 70 on their own.

Cheapest flights I've ever found to London is BMI Baby flights. You can get a return for less than 70 if you book far in advance and pick the shit times.

I'm fairly confident I can get to and from Glasgow for half that on the train though.

I think you can megabus it to London for about a fiver, but you'd need to set aside about a week to get there.

You can get an Easyjet flight to Luton (rubbish!) in March for 20-25 one way. However, a Megabus journey to Glasgow at the same time has 1 fares.

My BMI comment above was cheapest flight to Heathrow that I've found.

i've gone through 3 ipods in as many years. Battery life is terrible and the fact you cant just plug one into any computer and whack stuff on is rather annoying. Each time I say to myself 'this one is gonna last' and it never does. Apple products = I'm out. Used to be a big fan (Ibook g4 lasted me six years) but don't trust them anymore. I might invest in this creative zen doohicky..