aberdeen-music

Office Space

Jim Stax

Just gauging interest re a development I'm involved with.

Aimed at designers, digital or otherwise, or anyone, involved with the creative sector, looking for office space in town.

Plans are afoot to establish around six medium sized office spaces that will be in an open plan area (dividers will be in place so not fully open plan). These spaces, as mentioned are aimed at young or established 'creative sector' businesses that may have outgrown a bedroom or kitchen table.

If anyone is interested fess up and give me a shout. Nothing firmed up at the moment but we are looking at possibly a few months tops for access if all goes to plan. Costs etc are still being established.

I will add that there is a flexibility to the space so we may be able to accomodate special requests depending on needs.

Cheers

Jim

as in like a greenhouse / pre incubation type arrangement??

Pretty much Stuart

Not music spaces I'm afraid.

Supported spaces, as much as finances and time will allow and association to various orgs that offer support.

My energies are moving on from current employment and are being focused more in doing and facilitating over advising.

Phase one!

Pretty much Stuart

Not music spaces I'm afraid.

Supported spaces, as much as finances and time will allow and association to various orgs that offer support.

My energies are moving on from current employment and are being focused more in doing and facilitating over advising.

Phase one!

Sounds good Jim, things liek this seem to have made a big difference to things down here. good luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest on the spaces

The Creative Art House

SMART Consultants, an independent Aberdeen based 'Arts agency' are currently moving into new project space/main office. Alongside this exciting development we are creating seven office/studio spaces in Aberdeen city centre

The Creative Art House is aimed at new and established artists and designers, working on a small scale, that require an affordable modest space to work from and or manage their business. The space will be a walled area at 3x1.5m, house a desk and storage space and have full broadband access for 190p/m (phone to be discussed)

Being Artists ourselves we are aware that a flexible space is often needed therefore are happy to discuss individual requirements and do our best to accommodate. This is a new and unique venture for Aberdeen; one that will create a small and vibrant hub for the creative industries in Aberdeen.

We aim to have the premises ready to occupy July 09

To discuss this further please contact

jim@wearesmartconsultants.co.uk or sally@wearesmartconsultants.co.uk

or pm me here. Pass the word along if you know anyone

I will add that, due to an alliance with Foyer Graphics we may have to carefully consider housing Graphic Designers. I know I know I know...:down:

Guest treader.
"There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys."

I thought that was the aim of this thread too. Nice.