aberdeen-music

Bassman Head, Marshall Cab for sale

sonhenry

Marshall 1936 2x12 cab. Road worn, still sounds great. 150. Don't need it, going to use a 4x12 so I can really piss off the guys in my band and every sound guy in Scotland. Be sensible, buy this one and keep your friends and bandmates happy. Has big wheels for anyone that's an old fart like me that likes to ride it down Belmont Street.

Fender Bassman head (1970 or so). Sounds great, fresh tubes and gone through so it's ready to gig. Somewhere along the way some idiot drilled two holes in the bottom to get at the tubes. Doesn't make it sound any different, and you can't see them unless you turn it over to check the gender like you would with a puppy. 110 volt, I'll give you a step-down tranny too- 300. Otherwise it's off to Uni in the fall to star in a punk band, drink too much and puke on someone's shoes, as played by the other guitar player in my family.

Pictures here-

For Sale pictures by sonhenry - Photobucket

About that bassman head. You could use it for bass, but it'd be a waste. It's a killer guitar amp. 40 watts, all valves and from about 1-4 gets louder. At 5 and upwards it just gets hairy, loads of gain. Not as much as one of those Mesa's with 50 knobs and an engineering degree. 3 knobs and your there. Sounds amazing through a marshall 4x12 cab, could just be the best amp on the planet.

About that bassman head. You could use it for bass, but it'd be a waste. It's a killer guitar amp. 40 watts, all valves and from about 1-4 gets louder. At 5 and upwards it just gets hairy, loads of gain. Not as much as one of those Mesa's with 50 knobs and an engineering degree. 3 knobs and your there. Sounds amazing through a marshall 4x12 cab, could just be the best amp on the planet.

Glad you said this Sonhenry as I thought I'd read they were good for guitars somewhere. Must admit I'm tempted to hear this myself. Love the silverface look.

I would love that bassman head, but I don't really play guitar anymore so it would just be an ornament (but a fucking great ornament!)

The Bassman is originally a bass amp (in its original 1950's tweed combo variety), but guitarists really fell for the sound...so much so that the classic Marshall amp (1987) was basically just a clone of the bassman (with one or two tweaks). Great sounding amp though.....had the delight of cranking one at a gig many years ago and the sound was just massive

I would love that bassman head, but I don't really play guitar anymore so it would just be an ornament (but a fucking great ornament!)

The Bassman is originally a bass amp (in its original 1950's tweed combo variety), but guitarists really fell for the sound...so much so that the classic Marshall amp (1987) was basically just a clone of the bassman (with one or two tweaks). Great sounding amp though.....had the delight of cranking one at a gig many years ago and the sound was just massive

I've got a Bassman channel on my Fender SuperSonic. I know it's not an out and out Bassman, but it still sounds brill. When I crank it up it sounds awesome, and to quote Keilan 'massive:up:'

sonhenry do you have a 4x12? might not be what you are looking for but i have a marshall 1960B id be up for exchanging. i need something smaller!

iain

Thanks Iain, I do have a 4x12, the slanted one. I only need that one so the 2x12 is up for grabs. It's still available! Sounds great with the bassman, BTW-