Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Saturday 28th March

Club Snafu

7pm-10pm

Kartta

Kid Canaveral

(+tbc)

Everyone knows Kartta....

Best Indie band in Aberdeen according to the Fudge Awards 2009 :)

Kartta on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Kid Canaveral

Kid Canaveral on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Brilliant indie/pop from Edinburgh....................

Some nice words about Kid Canaveral:

"Juicy, chewy pop-kids to savour, proving that life still twitches in this indie guitar-pop business." Paul Whitelaw, The Scotsman

"Its amazing how even their brand new pop-punk songs embed themselves in the brain, while single Smash Hits could easily be just that." The List

"Evocative lyrics, super indie guitars and some striking girl/guy vocal dynamics, 'the Kids really are alright" Jock Rock

"Kid Canaverals David MacGregor laments some poor bastards plight over this considered piece of up-tempo indie pop which echoes the Delgados at their most playful. Smash Hits is a refreshingly pleasant wee tune 4/5" - The Skinny

"Kid Canaverals debut single, Smash Hits, is the kind of joyous buzzsaw racket thats so simple and so very effective you wonder why people dont make it more often...They sound like theyre armed with the knowledge that music peaked in 1976 with the first Ramones album (although the Shop Assistants were pretty good) and consequently Smash Hits is the kind of dumb punk pop that so very few get right. Fewer still get it as right as this. Go and listen to them" - Fire Escape Talking

"Bouncy, quirky, often laugh-out-loud funny, 'Smash Hits' has, well smash hit written all over it. Plus it includes the line "stick it up your arse/I don't care if you think my music taste's shite". What more could you ask for? 4/5" Is This Music?

"a joyous, bouncy piece of classic Scottish indie-pop...an engaging, humorous story punchily delivered by an irrepressible wee tune." - Song, by Toad

"Their charisma lies in their self-consciousness...Kid Canaveral are a bit like The Breeders arguing about relationships with REM at a coffee morning organised by The Undertones. In other words, the kids are all right." - Barry Gordon, The Scotsman

"Superb...Kid Canaveral threatened to upstage the headliners - and possibly did in the eyes of many people. Current single Smash Hits is typical of their trademark sound - melodic and radio-friendly. There is no attempt to dilute the Scottish accent which distinguishes them from the plethora of bands accentuating South of England accents at the moment, and I would be surprised if we do not hear a lot more of this two boy/two girl combination in 2008." - Artrocker Magazine

"Bouncing in on as much adequately turbulent lo-fi charm as ever, Kid Canaveral's latest single sees the Edinburgh foursome doing what they do best; wrapping their tales of social strife in more hooks than John Prescott at an egg farm....eight minutes of spiky-pop brilliance makes up these two tracks...adds to their unmistakably ace army of tunes. - Is This Music?, 4/5 (Couldn't Dance/TFS Single Review)"

"Next up is one of Scotland's best new bands Kid Canaveral, who had already won us over with dynamite pop nuggets 'Smash Hits' and 'Couldn't Dance'. Their new AA side single however sees the taking in Grrrl Group femme-pop ('Second Time Around') and yet another super-catchy dose of Scotia indie with 'Missing Me'." - Clash Magazine

One local support to be announced....

Tickets will be onsale very soon from Ticketweb at the awesome pre-sale price of 4.

For those living elsewhere, you can catch Kid Canaveral on tour in Edinburgh on 20th March, and in Glasgow on 27th March.

Cheers :up:

as always i'll ask... need a poster done? :p

should be good, take my camera as ever ^^

You're persistent, I'll give you that ;)

Maybe - once we've got the line up confirmed! I'll drop you an e-mail probably this week!

Cheers :up:

TICKETS NOW ON SALE

CLICK HERE

4 pre-sale tickets.

Kartta + Kid Canaveral + Cap Sante

Saturday 28th March

7pm-10pm

Club Snafu, Aberdeen

Kartta on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Kid Canaveral on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cap Sant! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Also - for those based further south:

Kid Canaveral + Cast of the Capital + guests

Friday 20th March

7.30pm

The Ark, Edinburgh

Cast Of The Capital on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cheers,

Calum

Poster for Edinburgh... (if anyone on here's based down that way, or happens to be there on 20th March...)

KidC.jpg

Aberdeen one coming as soon as I get third band confirmed :)

TICKETS

KARTTA-INVERT-for-webSMALL.jpg

TICKETS 4 - CLICK HERE

Still waiting for confirmation of 3rd band, but hopefully coming shortly....

Kid Canaveral + Cast of the Capital + Cancel The Astronauts + Miles Mayhem is happening at the Ark, Edinburgh on Friday - if you're down that way, go check them out - 4 marvellous sounding bands :up:

Bumping this up - cracking line up for you music lovers. :)

And - updated poster:

KARTTA-INVERT-for-web1-1.jpg

Lovely stuff.

Tickets now available in the following places:

ONE-UP RECORDS, Belmont Street

FIVE, Union Street

TicketWeb

Contact members of Kartta or Stanley

All pre-sale tickets 4 (+bf where appropriate)

5 on the door on Saturday.

Doors open 7pm, strict curfew of 10pm.

:)

It'll be better than watching Scotland getting creamed by Holland. Because let's face it, anything is better than that.

Well, almost.

Fucksake Phil, shut up. I was hoping that nobody had noticed Scotland are playing on Saturday night.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Holland v Scotland has been moved to Sunday evening ;)