aberdeen-music

Camera Obscura

Graeme

I'd never heard of them till I read this thread but I've just checked out some stuff online.

Me likey.

Aye, they're pretty damn cracking if you ask me. I think the only other person i know on here that likes them is Jan Deal, might be wrong though.

Citrus is a great place to start with Asobi Seksu album-wise if you're looking to purchase.

The new Camera Obscura song is just better and better after each listen. Loving it :)

Aye, they're pretty damn cracking if you ask me. I think the only other person i know on here that likes them is Jan Deal, might be wrong though.

Citrus is a great place to start with Asobi Seksu album-wise if you're looking to purchase.

The new Camera Obscura song is just better and better after each listen. Loving it :)

Cheers, I'll go look for that just now before heading off to the beach.

Amazing song. One of my favorite bands, hugely overlooked in their home country. I've heard live versions of French Navy and The Sweetest Thing which were both amazing, can't wait for the album. Hope there's an Aberdeen date, although I'll almost certainly go to the Glasgow date, think I must have seen them live more than any other band.

I've only got Citrus, but I like it a lot. They were good when they supported Ladytron (I think it was Ladytron).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Always vaguely aware of them but never really listened until I clicked on the link.

Thanks for introducing me to a top knotch band.

Glad to see someone else appreciating CO. They get woefully little recognition in Scotland yet do very well abroad from what I can tell, particularly in Spain and Mexico for some reason.

I can't stop listening to this album, Sweetest Thing is the stand out for me at the moment. I've had it in the back of my head since they played it live last year. The production is amazing, I'd quite possibly kill to have Jari Haapalainen produce something I'd written.

Glad to see someone else appreciating CO. They get woefully little recognition in Scotland yet do very well abroad from what I can tell, particularly in Spain and Mexico for some reason.

I can't stop listening to this album, Sweetest Thing is the stand out for me at the moment. I've had it in the back of my head since they played it live last year. The production is amazing, I'd quite possibly kill to have Jari Haapalainen produce something I'd written.

They seem to becoming more appreciated. Fairly large article in SOS and BIG in Amercica.

I heard this lot on Marc Riley's 6music evening show when they did a live set. They were brilliant.

They'd better come to aberdeen, I've been nagging them on myspace to do so.

pete

inthehills

They played here twice promoting the last album but they're only doing Glasgow on the tour this time it seems. After some of the morons that were in the crowd for the Lemon Tree gig, I'd be hesitant to come back here if I was them. There were a group of girls who made an unfeasible amount of noise during the acoustic songs and spent most of the gig with their back turned to the band taking pictures of each other. Idiots.

Possibilities later in the year...

That would be brilliant.

9/10 review in the NME as well

Really good review I thought, glad they pointed out how great all the previous albums have been and how they've been totally overlooked (although NME is one of the culprits). Also thought he was a bit unduly harsh on Merge, Andmoresound and Elefant records, particularly the bit describing them as being run from a bedroom/garden shed.

Also for anyone with a passing interest in the band, there's a 4Play documentary/interview thing with them on Channel 4 on Monday night at 12:55am called 'A Band Beginning With C'.