aberdeen-music

Van?

Tooms

Hey guys,

I'm afraid to say old Rosie (the Your Fears big red post office van) has had her last day.

She's spectacularly failed her MOT and is beyond the point of economical repair.

Thus we will be scrapping the poor old girl.

The question now becomes; with several gigs coming up (outside of aberdeen) does anyone have, or know of, a van that we can buy/hire/loan either on an immediate, interim or long term basis?

The van has to be able to carry at least 5 people and of course a full back line of gear.

Cheers in advance.

ablach had a van for a while, nae sure if they still have it or not!

are you flogging the post van??

Our orange van died a death with an mot bill of 1000+ mainly due to a knackered axle (that was through a shady cut corner type guy too!) and I sold it to a mechanic for 250 (thinking whaey! magic! etc). I see it all the time on the roads of dundee now. cunts.

Moral: dig in and don't let their knowledge and stories of costs do you out of an extra few hundred bucks

Man I loved that van (not the related stress of being the only driver & repairer, but everything else)

ablach had a van for a while, nae sure if they still have it or not!

are you flogging the post van??

Our orange van died a death with an mot bill of 1000+ mainly due to a knackered axle (that was through a shady cut corner type guy too!) and I sold it to a mechanic for 250 (thinking whaey! magic! etc). I see it all the time on the roads of dundee now. cunts.

Moral: dig in and don't let their knowledge and stories of costs do you out of an extra few hundred bucks

Man I loved that van (not the related stress of being the only driver & repairer, but everything else)

Shirley Grindbitch has sadly moved on without us

is that the old RAC van that floods borrowed when we went down south??

but yeah I guess I could sell it, but obviously will be selling without an MOT, and the tax ran out a week or two ago. (can't get tax till it's MOTd)

the mechanic I know is pretty good. seems like an honest enough guy used him a few times like.

is that the old RAC van that floods borrowed when we went down south??

but yeah I guess I could sell it, but obviously will be selling without an MOT, and the tax ran out a week or two ago. (can't get tax till it's MOTd)

the mechanic I know is pretty good. seems like an honest enough guy used him a few times like.

Yeah fofc borrowed it for some scottish gigs! big orange thing.

we sold it without mot and tax too, its still of value and as long as you register it as off the road yer fine to sell it on (mechanics are allowed to drive / test untaxed/mot'd vehicles). some of them will strip it for hige profit and some do jobs on it to get it back running for selling on