aberdeen-music

A gig - wow

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

how the fuck can a band who include a 14 yr old be banned from venues for money issues?! Cracks me up...

And lets be honest if they wanna gig in Aberdeen not the best to fall out with the Tunnels/Drummonds crowd is it. Shame cause they are good, if i was them i would cough up the !

Ah well hope it gets cleared up....!

I know it's a ridiculous thought, but i think it was down to principle rather than the money, i mean what's 100 odd quid to a venue?

nonetheless they are a good band, heard they played a blinder at the lemon tree the other week.

I know it's a ridiculous thought, but i think it was down to principle rather than the money, i mean what's 100 odd quid to a venue?

nonetheless they are a good band, heard they played a blinder at the lemon tree the other week.

I'm not having a go at anyone to be honest just a shame that they are banned...

though im sure it will get cleared up. Fuck if it was for money i would have gave up a long time ago! We actually paid our promoter in Glasgow the other week so we didnt go on first...nae quite sure if it is supposed to work like that haha.!

We actually paid our promoter in Glasgow the other week so we didnt go on first...nae quite sure if it is supposed to work like that haha.!

That is very much frowned upon. Theres sites and campaigns against "Pay to play" promoters

I'm not having a go at anyone to be honest just a shame that they are banned...

though im sure it will get cleared up. Fuck if it was for money i would have gave up a long time ago! We actually paid our promoter in Glasgow the other week so we didnt go on first...nae quite sure if it is supposed to work like that haha.!

I really don't know the ins and outs of it, so I'm not criticising or sticking up for either side. I'm sure it's to do with money, but no idea how much of it, or whatever...

I just wish everyone could just get along..... :(

i'm not a fan of it either....! but it worked out for the best in the end.

To be honest not the only thing we do which is frowned upon!

Like, mmm, shagging 40 year old groupies.

:moody:

You should have pre-arranged with the promoter that you weren't playing first.

Instead you decide to pay him when you get there?

Not so far from an idiot.

Anyway, good day to you.

To be honest i did it cause we had a shit load of folk from Aberdeen coming down to see us and they were stuck with the snow and i didnt want all my mates, mates mates etc coming all that way and not getting to see us. So i offered our gig money to the guy to go on a little later so they could see us.

If they come once and enjoy it - like they did - they will come again. hence us being asked down again to Barfly in March to play and bringing similar numbers again....

not such an idiot.

To be honest i did it cause we had a shit load of folk from Aberdeen coming down to see us and they were stuck with the snow and i didnt want all my mates, mates mates etc coming all that way and not getting to see us. So i offered our gig money to the guy to go on a little later so they could see us.

If they come once and enjoy it - like they did - they will come again. hence us being asked down again to Barfly in March to play and bringing similar numbers again....

not such an idiot.

Pay to play in any form is stupid. To be honest I don't even care, so carry on spending all your hard earned dosh making sure your mates see you.

As before, good day to you :up:

the underkills (i think it's fair to say, we are everyone's favourite band on these forums, no?), are playing at the fat hippy showcase on friday 27th february.

Cool to see you there.

I think i'm right in saying the other wonderful bands on show will be:

The marionettes

velvet audio

audiokicks

and somebody else, can't remember who - will update when i find out!

Think it might be a band called foo fighters or something - heard they're nae bad.

Cheers,

calum :up:

Oh - door tax i believe will be your standard 3 and doors at the standard 7.30pm.

the underkills on myspace music - free streaming mp3s, pictures & music downloads

this is on friday woop!

it's this friday folks... might have a cheeky wee new tune as well

Nice.

We don't have a new tune, but we have changed one of our songs so it feels like a new tune, and mixed our set up a little.

:popcorn:

Velvet Audio are an ace young band

Velvet Audio on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The details of what happened are hazy............... it involves ticket sales, and money.

As far as I'm aware it was an AGP gig. Velvet Audio say they were owed money by AGP/Tunnels, and so they kept their money, and Tunnels says Velvet Audio kept money they weren't due.

I think. Fuck knows - all I know is that a really good, young band, who couldn't play much gigs cos their drummer was under 14, but now can as he's turned 14 are now banned from 2 venues in Aberdeen, which is a bit of a pain in the ass for them...

But - I don't know the full story, they maybe deserved it, I don't know.

Mmm this is from ages ago - my side of the story was that bands who sell tickets for our shows (thats AGP) take unsold tickets and money to me at the gig, I then pay them at the end of the night based on that. On this occassion they just kept a 100 odd quid which to be fair is more than I would be paying a fairly new band as they were at the time. At this point I was co promoting with the Tunnels and so understandably they were pissed off with the band and probably me.

I apprecaited they made a big effort to get people along and would have paid them well for that show as they had a lot of people there, but dont agree with them just keeping that amount.

I believe they thought they were owed money from their first gig at the Tunnels too but no agreement had been made for that one and they were on that show as Id never heard them before and wanted to give them a chance to play a decent show as they were just starting.

I have no hard feelings about this at all like. Its forgotten about as far as Im concerned. Im sure if they spoke to Tunnels/Drummonds as in Hen that something could be sorted.

They are a very good band like.

Mmm this is from ages ago - my side of the story was that bands who sell tickets for our shows (thats AGP) take unsold tickets and money to me at the gig, I then pay them at the end of the night based on that. On this occassion they just kept a 100 odd quid which to be fair is more than I would be paying a fairly new band as they were at the time. At this point I was co promoting with the Tunnels and so understandably they were pissed off with the band and probably me.

I apprecaited they made a big effort to get people along and would have paid them well for that show as they had a lot of people there, but dont agree with them just keeping that amount.

I believe they thought they were owed money from their first gig at the Tunnels too but no agreement had been made for that one and they were on that show as Id never heard them before and wanted to give them a chance to play a decent show as they were just starting.

I have no hard feelings about this at all like. Its forgotten about as far as Im concerned. Im sure if they spoke to Tunnels/Drummonds as in Hen that something could be sorted.

hahaha and then we got banned too for some reason!

that was result of a tragically major understanding

but yeah, I wish velvet audio were allowed to play drummonds/tunnels......was looking forward to their set tomorrow night

and aye, come along tomorrow to the fat hippy night, they're always great fun!

We've tried talking to Hen about it, but it's apparently Jim who has banned them and he ain't budging. Oh well - I reckon it's their loss really.....

Anyway - TONIGHT folks.

I'll be the one wearing the t-shirt that says:

"The Underkills will change your life"

;)

I've got band practice until 10 but I'll try and pop in afterwards, if even just to say hello.

The Underkills should be onstage at 10.15pm, so that works out perfectly for you ;)