aberdeen-music

A gig - wow

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

The Underkills (I think it's fair to say, we are everyone's favourite band on these forums, no?), are playing at the Fat Hippy Showcase on Friday 27th February.

Cool to see you there.

I think I'm right in saying the other wonderful bands on show will be:

The Marionettes

Velvet Audio

AudioKicks

And somebody else, can't remember who - will update when I find out!

Think it might be a band called Foo Fighters or something - heard they're nae bad.

Cheers,

Calum :up:

Oh - door tax I believe will be your standard 3 and doors at the standard 7.30pm.

The Underkills on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Christ, so far I count 3 people attending this gig.

Another few, and we'll be at an all time record :)

Steve - I'm going to have the bouncers pre-warned about your trouble-making ;)

its rather peculiar how fast they knocked that poster together, as we only confirmed yesturday, maybe they assumed we would play. i think the cassette looks pretty cool

Velvet Audio confirmed 2 days ago, The Underkills and The Marionettes confirmed yesterday...

I feel the Fat Hippy dudes must have plenty of time on their hands, or the poster was made up already and they just needed to add text.............................

Really looking forward to it. It's the first gig of its kind we've played in ages and ages. The December Fat Hippy gig was a load of fun.

I and two fellow Underkills got rather drunk and landed up in Club Tropicana, dancing to some amazing 80s pop records :)

The Marionettes were really rather good that evening, and anyone thinking of not coming on the 27th should re-think and come along, even if just to see them :up:

the poster is a picture + added text, nothing more than half an hour to knock it up for positioning :p

but yeah, looking forward to it, camera at the ready

Sweet.

I've a feeling this is going to be a lot of fun :)

Fuck. Sake.

Velvet Audio's ban stretches to Drummonds, so they won't be playing this gig either, which is a shame. I'm sure Captain Tom will find a suitable replacement though :)

Who are Velvet Audio and what did they do?

Velvet Audio are an ace young band

Velvet Audio on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The details of what happened are hazy............... it involves ticket sales, and money.

As far as I'm aware it was an AGP gig. Velvet Audio say they were owed money by AGP/Tunnels, and so they kept their money, and Tunnels says Velvet Audio kept money they weren't due.

I think. Fuck knows - all I know is that a really good, young band, who couldn't play much gigs cos their drummer was under 14, but now can as he's turned 14 are now banned from 2 venues in Aberdeen, which is a bit of a pain in the ass for them...

But - I don't know the full story, they maybe deserved it, I don't know.